Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Happy 4th of July - what's your plans?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 3, 2019.

1. We are going to a big car show in a neighboring town for the 4th and hope the predicted thunder storms just in time for the fireworks doesn't happen. HRP

dana barlow, ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and 5 others like this.
  2. Good luck-have fun and be safe.Happy Independence Day.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the most important thing I will be doing on my 4 day weekend is not getting out of bed until I want to.

4. I live in a golfing community and we have a great 4th right here every year.
    The fireworks are lit right across the street, on the 9th fairway. A bunch of my car buddy's, wifes and rug rats are coming. Were also burning burgers.

5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BBQ, a few cocktails with friends, and then sit on the tail of the battleship NC and watch the fireworks over the Cape Fear river.

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, ffr1222k and 5 others like this.
  6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I did plan on taking the pontoon out on the lake and do some "motor boating" and watch the fireworks.
    I too hope the weather holds out. Hard to predict.

7. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Celebrating America by blowing up a small portion of it :cool:

D37C8865-674E-4C6F-82F6-36A359493A22.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  8. Our car club Hawaii classic cruizers puts on a big car show at Hilo bay .Fireworks in the evening

9. 62rebel

62rebel

Sitting home with several critters scared to death of fireworks, thunder, all loud noise. Y'all kin have that stuff. Oh, and watching out for my dumbass neighbor starting a fire.

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, alanp561 and 4 others like this.
  10. Yeah, I remember how the noise of the fireworks effected Brenda's pet rabbit, Jack would jump up in the air and zig and zag across the room and end up behind the couch or under the bed. HRP

11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Staying home away from all the drunks,junkies and generally dumb ass idiots that seem to inhabit the roads on the holidays.Happy and safe fourth to everyone.Going to watch the fireworks from my front window with my Morris kitty.He loves them.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

cavman, ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and 3 others like this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Run to town for the Lion's club pancake feed in the morning and see if the kids plan something for us later.
    I'd have to check but think there is a car show in the park in a town 35 miles away that we might run down to for a walk though.
    We can watch fireworks in three directions from the yard and not have to leave the house.

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and Deuces like this.
  13. Sounds like me and my neighborhood.

14. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

We have July 4 also up here in Canada.

15. I remember the local Lions club here use to have a annual pancake breakfast that my dad and I attended every year and after he passed away I took my kids, they stopped doing it about 20 years ago, I always enjoyed it.

Another one of the civic groups hosted the fireworks displays, now the county handles that. HRP

16. Lil32

Lil32

Have a Great 4th July from Aussie

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, Petejoe and 3 others like this.
  17. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm skipping shows and staying home to work on my '51 Ford

18. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Avoid all the stuff going on in town. The town has one of the oldest and longest( 2 -1/2 hours) parades in the state.
    Lived here 35 years and have never seen it. Too many people for my liking.
    I'll be working in the shop

19. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I think the weather guessers are saying storms for the fireworks tonight and tomorrow night.
    We spent $100 on noise makers to piss the neighborhood off with after the City gets done.:)

20. Going to big Al's Toybox show in the morning then home to fire up the grill and sit on the front porch and pet my dog!
    [​IMG]
    IMG_5056.JPG

47ragtop, Lil32, ladyhrp and 9 others like this.
  21. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Barbecue chicken, potato salad,
    sweet tea,
    cold beer, watermelon, drug the dog so he doesn't spaz out when the fireworks start. Lock "Target", the cat, in the garage 'cause he's gonna go nuts anyway. He'll probably think it's gunfire again.;)

Lil32, ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  22. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, but you guys do it on July 1st. That's alright, when I lived in Port Huron, MI, just across the river from Sarnia, ON, we had a whole week of fireworks. One night from the Canadian side, next from the US and so on. I remember one time when both the US Navy Blue Angels and the Canadian Air Force Snowbirds had shows. Quite a performance by both units.

23. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

There is a benefit car show at the veterans club to help raise money for the next hero flight to DC so that is where we will be tomorrow. A radio station here in town has a big fireworks display at night so we will do that tomorrow night

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, alanp561 and 2 others like this.
  24. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Cook and eat BBQ tomorrow. Friday we plan on taking the Grandson to Tupelo MS to the Buffalo park. Saturday is still up in the air, may work on the car a bit or may do some more stuff to the new carport. Sunday will be rest day, because Monday will come way too soon!

25. Deuces

Deuces

Good friends and a bottle of wine....
    I think there's a song in there...:confused::D;)

26. Putting on my Colonial Patriot Militia duds, grabbing my flintlock musket, and joining some compatriots in our town's Independence Day parade. Rogersville was settled in 1775.
    162_3219-1-1-1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Lil32, ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and 8 others like this.
  27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I get to go South with my #1 son, to pick up some F100 parts...front axles, steering boxes, wheels, brakes...and a 9" rear, 60" axle flange to flange...
    The seller has bolts and nuts from 3 trucks...Love the factory hardware!

Local police and Sheriff are out in force from tonight all weekend, looking for illicit and illegal fireworks. First offenders will be fined $1,000 if caught 'possessing'.
    Well...we've had fires this year...Hell, the whole town of Paradise burned right down to the ground. Blame was put on electrical transformers, PG&E denied it, but now is renaming the company 'Golden State Power Co.': Big lawsuit......
    Some rods and customs were lost...
    Happy Fourth, Fellow Americans!

28. robracer1

robracer1

Some friends and myself are driving our Hot Rods to downtown Dahlonega Ga. for a car show

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, alanp561 and 4 others like this.
  29. July in AZ its to friggin HOT to do things

time to hibernate.

Besides HATE crowds not gonna goto where there is 200k plus peeps dripping sweat all over the place to watch some lights in the sky.

easier to watch from home with a COLD adult beverage on the boob tube.

30. Wife is in Mass. with friends, I'm driving my son to the Amtrak station on the morning of July 4 for his trip to see his girlfriend in St. Louis, my brother-in-law is real sick with a cold so I won't be seeing him and sis. It's supposed to rain much of the morning, so it sounds like a great time to get to work in the garage and play with the hotrod.

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, alanp561 and 3 others like this.