Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Dodgeville Brad" needs our help ****JULY 1st 2019***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Well excuse me for not reading other threads and making a incorrect assumption, I thought I was offering what I thought to be a intelligent question.

I can assure you I won't comment on this subject again! HRP

Old wolf likes this.
  2. A Boner

A Boner

JIM & HRP....see the condensed info for you to read below.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  3. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Damn, Jim & hrp are 2 guys that made a comment and you get your panty's in a wad.wtf?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. A Boner

A Boner

Sorry Jim & HRP.....guess I'm getting too wound up with this shit!

Top to bottom.....3 pages

Page1
    1. (2) Titles
    2. (b) Replica and street modified vehicles.......
    image.png
    Page 2
    1. (4) Vehicles covered
    2. (b) The vehicle equipment requirements for a replica vehicle......
    image.png

Page 3
    1. Trans 305.22
    2. (1) Every motor vehicle originally manufactured after January 1, 1950.......homemade & reconstructed......NOT REPLICA, NOT STREET MODIFIED image.png

The replica title lists the year of the body that is replicated as the year of the car on the title.
    Fenders are required on post 1950 titled cars......no requirement for older titled cars.
    This is the way things have worked since the mid 1990's in Wisconsin, and there has been literally thousands of hot rods built, titled and run on Wisconsin roads since then!

If you know a Wisconsin State Patrol Trouper, please send them this info....PLEASE!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

as a person currently driving a car with a rock chip in the window I can appreciate fenders .... though I have never heard of a fenderless car causing damage to others on the road.

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Put some fenders on yer cars and get the hell off my lawn! :eek: Geez! The HAMB lately. Maybe there is some curling on ESPN 12 I can watch.

Murphy32, bchctybob and Old wolf like this.
  7. A Boner

A Boner

Good reason not to tailgate......especially a HIGHBOY hot rod!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  8. mountainman2

mountainman2

I have had dozens of rock chips in windshields over the years with several requiring that the windshield (and 2 side windows) be replaced. And, as hard as it may be to believe, every damn one of them was caused by vehicles with FENDERS on them. :eek:

irishsteve likes this.
  9. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

a boner... IF, I'm reading this correct, under 305.065- 2b 4ab you would be held to replicating how the pre-50 car was originally built, ie fenders and hood. So, It would depend upon HOW the vehicle was presented to the DVM, as to what is required. a slippery slope fer sure!

oldcootnco and Old wolf like this.
  10. I have a copy of the 2017 Arkansas motor vehicle And Traffic laws and State Highway Comission Regulations. License as a street rod no fenders required. So all these farm tractor grilled Rat Rods we see are 100% legal. Move to Arkansas no inspection . no smog requirements. no fenders , no turn signals if you use hand signals. However a Street Rod plated vehicle is not supposed to be used for daily transportation. Only when going to and from a event.

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In some places it actually IS that way and for that reason I'll hang right here...No Problem.

12. A Boner

A Boner

Wrong!
    You are required to have equipment “that the laws required”, (State & Federal), in the year replicated.....not how that car was actually equipped from the factory....fenders were required after 1950 by law, but not before1950!
    In Wisconsin, for safety, a hood is required to be securely mounted, so it doesn’t fly off. But nowhere does it say you need to actually have a hood!

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I never tailgate. in my weekly commute there are 3-4 wrecks a week. I am only on the road for 25-30 minutes each way. I figure a rock tossed from an uncovered tire could flay quite a distance when run over at 65-70 mph. tailgating did not cause my window crack.

Old wolf likes this.
  14. guitarguy

guitarguy

Either take the laws that are printed and take them to the police in person with the car, or fix what it needs. It's really a simple matter.

Your vehicle you own needs to pass your states requirements. If you dispute them, better have the print to back it up.

Let's move on.

73RR and Old wolf like this.
  15. oldcootnco

oldcootnco

Hemiman 426, I agree as you read the stat, logic would dictate that you would need to replicate as shipped from Ford.
    Aboner brings another valid point about State and Federal Laws required in the year replicated.
    If WSP decides to "Cherry Pick" what part of the 305 stats they want to use you are in trouble.
    Fix It or Fight it. Brad has not driven his 32 and probably won't for quite awhile. Damn Shame.

Hemiman 426 and Old wolf like this.
  16. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

You won't have to worry about it if several of the people running in 2020 get in. All cars will be electric or solar and the rest will be outlawed.o_O

Gasser 57, Hemiman 426 and Old wolf like this.
  17. 29moonshine

29moonshine

same here in fla

18. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

Craig Thompson, secretary-designee

Craig Thompson was appointed by Governor Tony Evers to serve [​IMG]as secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) beginning in January 2019. WisDOT is one of the largest state agencies, with 3,400 employees and a biennial budget of more than $6 billion. The department supports all modes of transportation, including state highways, local roads, railroads, public transit systems, airports, and harbors. In addition, the department includes the Division of Motor Vehicles, which serves about 50,000 customers each week, and the Division of State Patrol that enforces laws and assists motorists throughout the state.

Previously Craig was the executive director of the Transportation Development Association (TDA) of Wisconsin. He has more than 25 years of experience working with Wisconsin businesses, communities, legislators and units of government. Prior to leading TDA, he served as the legislative director for the Wisconsin Counties Association, managing legislative initiatives at the state and federal levels.

Craig is a native of Racine and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He lives in Madison with his wife and two teenagers.

Secretary-designee Thompson appearance request

If you are interested in having the Secretary speak to your organization, please fill out this request form and email to [email protected].
    Why not call this guy and ask why the law is not being followed? send him all the info and see what happens he would be the top dog ask him for help

a boner likes this.
  19. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

Come' on guys, Don't go messing up our hot rod site with your political views as no matter who holds the office people would still bitch about it! This is a hot rod site. Now as far as the build in question here goes, Is it a 32 ford made in 1932 or is it a 2019 look alike 32? the reason I ask is in most states a antique auto is grandfathered in and does not have to be modified to be used on the roads today. But any New auto made today has to be up to date in order to pass inspection to get it on the road. I am just wondering if that is the case here?

Old wolf likes this.
  20. A Boner

A Boner

Study the info on Post #34 above.
    Don't tell anyone, but there is going to be a pop up quiz this Friday.