Register now to get rid of these ads!

FYI: Autolite spark plug manufacturing moved to China

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buzznut, Aug 8, 2013.

1. RatPin

RatPin

I run Autolites in all my classics. In fact I just bought 6 #85 plugs a few days ago from Baxter and they are the mehico versions.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll rethink my next Autolite purchase.

2. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Try these: AC Rapidfire part #7 they worked great in a 350 SBC I had, 60,000 mile warranty and it actually smoothed out the L-79 cams idle and mileage went up 2 MPG they are also a bit shorter and made for better plug wire clearance with headers.I have also used these in Fords and the wife's Cavalier with good results and beter MPG and performance.

3. sunbeam

sunbeam

Even the ones from Mexico had problems my Dodge truck would try to miss under load. The plugs had 85,000 miles on them so I replaced them with Autolites and things kept getting worse. Replaced all 8 coils ran a compression test cylinder leakdown, droped the exhaust to checked for a pluged cat. Replaced the new Autolites with Champoins and the trucks ran fine ever sence.

4. sunbeam

sunbeam

Ford lost the name thanks to a Government anti-trust suit.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6. Jokester

Jokester

I always heard that NGK stood for "No Good Kind".

.bjb

7. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Used to run only Autolites. Last couple of changes some of the new were no good out of the box.

8. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

NGK makes good spark plugs, and they also make a wide number (Ten?) of heat ranges for any given plug.

Spark plugs are kind of strange, as somebody mentioned it's just a piece of electrode with some ceramic around it. But some work better than others, and some engines are picky about what they like.

wraymen likes this.
  9. bedwards

bedwards

It may be old news, but the AC-Delco I just bought for my truck are Chinesium. =[

10. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Seems as everything including toilet paper now comes from China . You know how I know this ? It is now impossible to wipe my Azz without having a damn tear through , what a mess ! Ha ha !

11. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not true, we carry Motorcraft at O"Reilly.