Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Photoshoot Road Trip: The Nick Hoesing Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Photoshoot Road Trip: The Nick Hoesing Roadster

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Great shoot, roadster, and guy to know well done Ryan.

As far as the beer thing, I suppose anyone who lives that close to memorial stadium is no stranger to getting a $15 beer knocked all over them. But yeah, he really is a hell of a nice guy.

xsquiden, Stogy, guthriesmith and 3 others like this.
  3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bitchin’ write up and photo shoot.
    Yea ~ times I've run into Nick - good guy.

Malcolm, Ryan and loudbang like this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

yeah, that's Nick, he's just about the nicest guy you'll meet.

And his roadster is bitchin, too!

Malcolm, Ryan and loudbang like this.

5. mlagusis

mlagusis

Great pictures. I remember meeting Nick at Speed Week. He had the roadster there in bare metal. We talked for a bit then it started raining like crazy. Nick is a solid dude and his roadster came out nice!

loudbang, Malcolm and Ryan like this.
  6. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I’m not some photographer that can shoot your car and add value to it. I don’t run some prestigious publication capable of stroking an ego or even making dad proud due to an appearance within. I’m literally just some schmuck (the H.A.M.B. guy) that begs folks for the inconvenience of a photoshoot.
    Ryan
    Yea right, and I am just some hack photographer that gets in the way of the racers on the line, and I just piss of the Starters when I cross the start line for the better shot,,,,,,, Just

loudbang, Stogy and Ryan like this.
  7. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

What part annoys you? Ryan's quote or me shooting land speed?

Ryan likes this.
  8. Nick is one of those guys I gotta meet before I check out, I watched as he built the roadster and it has turned out to be one of the nicest on the Hamb, the painted hood real finishes the car of nicely, HRP

Ryan likes this.
  9. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

It comes from being an artist,, we always strive to have someone like our work,, we start with an idea in our head then try to make it real. It is like my calendar,,, when people come to me, even 20 years later, and tell how much it meant to have their vehicle published, I am like 'Sucks - Thanks' , I would give the calendar away,but my account says NO!~

Stogy, Ryan and Sancho like this.
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Come to the hamb drags and check more than one thing off the list that weekend. Lord willing you’ll even remember doing it Monday!

Malcolm and Ryan like this.
  11. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

That car is puuurfect!

12. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great guy and a damn fast little car.

-Abone.

13. Great guy and very cool roadster.

14. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Such a great car!!

15. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Once again, this proves that you have achieved mastery in writing and car photography....own it, man!

Nick has achieved mastery of how to live and how build a hot rod.

Stogy, Malcolm and Ryan like this.
  16. The Man... The Myth...The Legend. (at the 2012 HAMB Drags)
    Nick at 2012 HAMB Drags.jpg

17. sololobo

sololobo

What a nice story about our Omaha guy Nick Hoesing. Nick is one of the nicest cats you will ever meet, I had the pleasure of being in a car club with him for a few years and he was a task master whenever we were doing an event. He was very responsible for loads of relief products for the Joplin, Mo. community home of the H.A.M.B. drags, after the terrible tornado. Just like he organized this event for Ryan he has been a force in local events of all kinds, he and some real hot rodders have a group Hot Rods of Omaha that are the best around. Nick and I share the same birth date but I have 30 years on him. We are fortunate and proud of him. Thanx for the coverage of this sweet hot rod.

Lazy A, Stogy, Malcolm and 2 others like this.
  18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Yet again, @Ryan incredible work on the photos and story! You made a rough around the edges car look good and I appreciate the kind words. All of this is quite humbling and completely unexpected. Quite the 40th birthday gift!

Thank you so much for this, seriously.

I recall the beer spill like it was yesterday, still super funny!

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I was super curious if you would remember it or not... At the drags, I'll tell ya want went down that night. Craziness that I will write about some day.

loudbang, Stogy and Malcolm like this.
  20. Great car! Great guy!

Stogy likes this.
  21. JRussell

JRussell

awesome!! conrats nick @Malcolm , WELL deserved man!!! cant believe it was really 2009 ? damn time flies, happy birthday homie!

Malcolm, Tim and Stogy like this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @Ryan for sharing this part of your recent adventure...

Congrats @Malcolm on having your Hotrod featured...not a surprise it's a well honed example that pushes all the right buttons...

Part 1
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...del-a-roadster-build-updated-01-23-11.543427/

Part 2
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/malcolm-model-a-roadster-build.567286/

Paint Thread
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/my-roadster-finally-has-paint-lsru-2016.1015568/

:rolleyes:...For those that missed it and I'm one of those...:D...I Believe these are them...;)

Both of you fellas are quite gifted...so much talk of Wet Beer...I think I have to have some now...:p...Cheers

loudbang and Malcolm like this.
  23. Nick is as nice a guy as you;ll find. He never says a word when we meet and I always seem to call him Malcolm.

Mick

Stogy likes this.
  24. Congrats for sure @Malcolm , well deserved indeed! You nailed it @Ryan , Nick is just as you describe...a great guy. I came to know Nick through the HAMB and then having the pleasure of catching up with him ( and usually Denise and the other usual suspects :D) at events around the country. This HAMB has brought together some great friendships, Nick being one of my favorites for sure. Always in a good mood, car guy to the core, all-around good dude. Thanks for featuring his cool roadster here, great job. He’s core people! Cheers Nick!!

Malcolm and Stogy like this.
  25. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Great car...great guy...great story!

26. Class act! I remember seeing it at Bonneville in 2012. I believe it was about a month after he got it on the road. I’ve enjoyed watching it evolve & refined over the years. “Bonneville or Bust”
    B93080C4-E168-4345-855B-A74EEAC8019F.jpeg 1AE09F63-5364-4BAC-AC7E-18D41E8DA405.jpeg

enloe, Lazy A, Malcolm and 5 others like this.
  27. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

What a great guy. I am glad you did the photo shoot. This is an incredible roadster, a driver, and it is fast.

It is also nice to know that I am not the only one who has done some awkward, inappropriate things, after having to much adult beverage.

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks for all the nice words fellas... I sincerely appreciate it.

3dnsouth and Stogy like this.
  29. Great write up Ryan, and congrats to Nick!

Eric

30. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Another great story Ryan. Thanks again for coming