Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What the %$#@ is this carb any how?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Lightnin' Riding Lexie, Jun 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. First Post to the HAMB and I hope its in the right place.....

I gotta ID this carb-- which I THINK is the Ford version of the Holley 847, but I am asking wiser folks than I for clarifiaction.
    What it is...
    Single Barrel, with pump circuit, marked on the Dula Aluminum Bowl section as FORD in script with U.S.A. under it. No other marking on the bowl exterior or the top. The Throttle has "cs E 2" in the cast iron. That's it....!
    power valve is a 66, emulsion tube is 64 other jets missing! No marking on the Float. Pump is intact just not on board in these photos...

What I was told: 1946 Ford 6-Cylinder truck and might not be orignal to that..

Its in quite good shape for rebuilding as all the threads are good, no cracks, surfaces are flat and it aint been beat up.... much... ALSO- who's ya'll's first choice for a Holley/Ford carb rebuilder? Uncle Max is sticking to strickly Stromberg Products these days....

Thanks in advance!
    Lexie-

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  2. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

It's a Holley 847-7HA, '41-47 226 c.i. six cylinder carb. They were used on both cars and trucks.

3. very cool and splendid! Thanks!!

4. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

You're very welcome. Good luck!

Deuces likes this.

5. saltracer219

saltracer219

They are a real decent little carb. I have some banger buddys that run those on banger downdraft manifolds. They seem to work real good.

Deuces likes this.
  6. And THAT's where its going on my '29 Model A with the Maxwell Touring car body

Frankie47 likes this.
  7. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know "Charlie NY" does holley 94's, and I'll bet he does these too. If you can't find him here, he's on "The Ford Barn". He is the best.

8. bangerbob

bangerbob

Did a exchange with these guys. Excellent work! On my 29 model a hotrod 20190630_073518.jpg 20190630_073431.jpg 20180528_101410.jpg

Sent from my SM-J337P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

dirty old man likes this.
  9. Amazing-- Its in the box on the desk addressed to him as I write!