Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What's with the Corvette guys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52HardTop, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zjerry

zjerry

When I take my 1969 corvette to shows the corvette guys say my engine numbers are wrong I tell them when the hood is shut you can't see that LOL

2. ...............Personally, I think you're being too nice to them.

31hotrodguy and Deuces like this.
  3. tomcat11

tomcat11

Exactly, and thank you. I own a 2012 Z06 (427) I bought it because I think it has styling que's from the 50's and 60's sports racing cars, is light weight, and is bad fast. There is some cat that drives a 57 chevy wagon religiously to work everyday which I think is too cool. By chance I rolled up alongside in stop and go traffic in my vette and gave him a thumbs up. He nodded and looked a bit confused. When I got home I parked the vette, grabbed some coffee and went out to the garage to continue the metal fabrication on my chopped 31 ford coupe. It's kind of funny because I don't really like the snobbish, sweater wearing, wine and cheese, golf club types either.

Both the 57 and my vette both stand out in the sea of four wheeled jelly beans.

J53 and 31hotrodguy like this.
  4. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

How nice to be lumped together because of the car you drive. My daily is a late model Corvette. I owned a 1968 and then a 1969 back in the late 60's. They are a fun car to drive.

5. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

They're just children of a lesser god .

6. Deuces

Deuces

Real zo-6 vettes have big gas tanks.......

7. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Slightly off topic here, but I like the older Vette's, enough said on that, if you want to look cool and stand out and always get a thumbs up or a potential wave, you need to have an older cool car that is possibly something that you don't see everyday, at least in my experience, the rigs I own and have owned , reflect my eccentric tastes in cars and trucks.
    At the Portland swap meet a few years back, this Desoto Aeroporter was on a trailer and it did fire up and run, people stood around it for hours, there was a lot of interest in it, one lady that was a novice, was determined to own it, and the price was low as well, a very tempting if I can remember, $1000.00 or there about's.
    I told her I didn't want to discourage her, but I let her know that these were made to go forward and not really do any maneuvering in reverse or parallel parking, I explained to her how these, back in the day always lived under the front awning of hotels, and for the most part they always went forward to either pick or deliver at hotels and airports, she totally got it and then re thought her need to have such a unique vehicle. All that being said, in this rig if totally restored, may not get you a wave, but people will be totally noticing your car and asking a million questions about it ! That is an 8 door rig, a lot of real estate, glass and metal wise to to be the caretaker of indeed!

IMG_1530.JPG IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    enloe likes this.
  8. Terrible80

Terrible80

If you drive anything for the look at me factor, without loving what you drive there's something wrong.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. That's a '56 Chrysler-based car. While the Chrysler and DeSoto shared body shells and some basic running gear, there's more differences than simularities. Must not have been a hemi car, at $1K somebody would have bought it for it's motor otherwise I would think...

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

while I am sure you guys with late model vettes are proud of your cars please remember that the year cut off here is 1965. meaning do not post the newer corvettes here please

lothiandon1940, Deuces and bowie like this.
  11. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

There’s a local guy with I think a ‘66 Corvette.
    When he’s at the car show if you ask if it’s a split window he will fold up his lawn chair and go home.
    Get over yourself.
    We always race to see who can be the first to ask if it’s a split window ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRanchero Rick likes this.
  12. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Every group has dicks in it and rude stupid people.

I had to argue with a ‘57 Chevy owner that ford did not use ‘57 Chevy turquoise as the colour for my 54 Country Squire.

A guy from the mustang club told me that the 302 HO in one of my ot cars would not run with the 600 Holley on it and that a 302 needs at least a 750. He then proceeded to point out all the things he thought were wrong with my car then asked me to join his car club.

My parents neighbours, who consider themselves car guys and are in to Mazda’s told my dad that his silver ‘65 mustang fastback was the ugliest car they’d ever seen.

I’ve also had some great experiences discussing cars with real car guys and people who are genuinely interested and politely ask about my cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enloe likes this.
  13. Why isn’t this thread dead yet?:D

enloe, 40FORDPU and Bandit Billy like this.
  14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

good point.....

Finn Jensen, scotty t and tb33anda3rd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.