Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures A Bad Wrap: Mighty Mouse 'Hot Rods' Cartoon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

A Bad Wrap: Mighty Mouse 'Hot Rods' Cartoon

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Vonzemo, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  2. 56shoebox

56shoebox

3. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

So Mighty Mouse cares about the young mice hot rodders, but not the law abiding citizens they were terrorizing? o_O That's too funny.

4. belair

belair

I loooved Mighty Mouse. Don't forget Oil Can Harry. He was the real bad guy. And as for cheap animation, it may not be up to Tom and Jerry's best, but it is is a lot richer than the crap from the mid fifties and up.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.

5. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Really put the fear in them to have them regress from hot rods to tricycles....o_Oo_O:rolleyes:

Stogy likes this.
  6. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

I dunno, there's SOME truth in there...

"Beneath the hoods of these old jalopies, powerful engines that the little drivers nursed like babies. They were constantly trying to out do each other and burning up the road."

Sounds like hot rodders to me. :D

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hotrods Get the Ladies too...Oh Yeah...:D And it seems the Big Lunkin Streamlined Custom Speedster is where its at being Driven by the Biggest Kool Kat...Straight Eight Perhaps...It was inline...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

To put this in perspective for me . It was 1962 and we had just got our first TV (black and white) I was 12 and ran to the house to catch the Mighty Mouse show when i got off the school bus......."here i come to save the way , means that Mighty Mouse is on the way".............................................pretty high tech for 1962///////

9. impala4speed

impala4speed

It was a cartoon, dude. Sheesh.
    I loved Mighty Mouse too.

10. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I watched Mighty Mouse all the time when I was little! I was seven in 62 and I know this was filmed in 53 but I remember this cartoon! But I remember watching I Love Lucey and Jackie Gleason { remember the June Taylor Dancers!} lol and they where actually filmed in the early 50's too! Lots of reruns back then. Somethings never change. I have to admit when I was 7 Mighty Mouse was cooler than Hot Rods. That change when I was about 9 . Larry

11. Great classic cartoon. I actually love the early animation cartoons. Terry Toons was a low budget studio that originated in New York city and eventually moved to New Rochelle. Founded by Paul Terry who created the Aesop Film Fables cartoons that some of you might remember. Terry Toons was originally developed to supply cartoon shorts to theaters to be played before the movies. (remember those days?) It was a very small outfit with just a hand full of artists and staff. The music was all done by one guy. A few other notable titles they did were Heckle and Jeckle and Deputy Dawg.

Yeah this cartoon does portray early Hot Rodders as young, rowdy and obsessed with speed with little to no respect for the law. At least where the speed limit was concerned. Hmmm.... if memory serves me correct, that's pretty darn accurate! What it has wrong is those that gave up hot rods for bikes was actually motorcycles. And things got a whole lot worse !!!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    loudbang likes this.