Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs caliper seal boot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FAKKY, Jun 29, 2019.

1. FAKKY

FAKKY

Tore the oem one ....... so have ruined more rebuild seals trying to get on correctly.
    Have tried 2 methods

1) Seat the piston fully. Get the boot on the ring/groove. Then push down the boot edge to sit.

2) Piston out. put the seal on the groove and then seat piston and push in keeping everything center.

Neither ,ade much difference ..... this is what I end up with. Im thinking of just going like this and seeing waht happens since that piston doesnt travel that far. But thoughts or tips ?

[​IMG]

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I install the seal, then with some air pressure through the hose fitting put the piston against the seal.
    This will ballon the seal out around the piston then you can let the air off and push the piston in.
    Do be careful.

3. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Air is the only way to go, they do have a special spreader got the dust boot but air is the best. Don’t forget the rubber lube.

4. FAKKY

FAKKY

you guys are going to have to do a video of that one ....... lord. => seriously

Had the wife have a go whilst I held everyting in place using her fingernails. Its better and basically flush.

[​IMG]