Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Blackie Gejeian's collection comes up for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BamaMav, Jun 28, 2019.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

deadbeat and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. If money was no object I would try to purchase this and if my lottery ticket comes through tonight I'll have the funds to bid. :D HRP

[​IMG]

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

man oh man... these are way out of my league, as much as I would like to have the emperor just so I could put the correct wheels and tires back on it... I am sure it will sell for way more than I can afford

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

5. 62hotcat

62hotcat

Don't put yourself out. These may not get the money you think. Its happened before. It just happened with a well known in the Pontiac world collection. Most of the cars sold for 1/3 of the Mecum estimated sale price. Then there was a lot of should of could of would of afterward.

6. Oh man I'd love to have the Emporer!

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That car and the California Star are my favorites of the bunch. I think I'd have to change that exhaust though, would be tough getting in or out without burning something!

8. The Emperor has always been my favorite custom rod and favorite Barris car. It needs bias plus and Mercury hub caps and would be perfect again. If I could afford it I would buy it. ... and then find a place to keep it. ...Peterson Museum? I would hate to see it disappear.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Is the California Star the roadster that Donn Varner built?
    (mid-engined, was unveiled at the first Goodguise event in Pleasanton; displayed on a turntable)

10. Dick William's car would be nice to put back, to its Dick William's original guise. Also, that 1911 T is pretty damn cool ... so is Dan Woods' T creation.

Ohhhh' to have $$$ burning a hole in my pockets.

Guessing the family is keeping Blackie's Shish Kabob. Understood. For all the history these cars had to him ... his own T had bits of his own blood and knuckles in it. 70 years strong.

50Fraud likes this.
  11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I wonder where the fenders are? hopefully they come with it so it can be put back the way it is supposed to be....
    emperor.png

12. goldmountain

goldmountain

Ever since I was a kid I have wondered what headlight doors were used on the Emperor. Always wanted a grille shell setup like that.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. It's weird that they mention that they were removed because they were too delicate to leave on the car but don't specifically state whether they are still with the car or not, where as the do specifically mention the original wheels and tires were sold.

Moriarity likes this.
  14. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

They might be famous cars, but with "Mecum" estimates of $300K + and having a reserve (probably somewhere in that range?), I have my doubts either the Williams or Emperor roadsters will actually sell. We'll find out soon.

15. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Always liked the Emperor=was living in Fresno when it was built.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. Mark....keep your focus....Dave’s 57 needs you!!!

Sancho, kidcampbell71 and Moriarity like this.
  17. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I agree, Williams' car should be returned to its historic appearance (baby blue paint).

18. Well the Barris' got the Emperor so that's pretty cool. It sold for $115,500. The Williams roadster went for $60,500

Sancho and kidcampbell71 like this.
  19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

who got the emperor?

20. The Barris family bought it.
    Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

that's cool... seemed like half price to me. I think it was a good deal for the history

22. Fordors

Fordors

The Emperor, along with the Williams car and the Dan Woods built T, were the only ones that had any style and proportion. The Dick Williams car could easily be returned to it’s original glory and deserves it. I agree, it was cheap money for the Emperor and overall the cars came no where near estimates.
    The Edgar Elder car hit a high bid near the top of the estimate and deserved it, it’s a nice car with only a few later touches that are easily reversed.
    JMO, flame away if you think I’m nuts.

Moriarity likes this.
  23. Screenshot_20190818-095635_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190818-095627_Chrome.jpg

Ala Tub and Woods T ... were good buys. Minimal updates to one, and none for the other. Get in and drive.