Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Garage find - 4 lever action shocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pre1898, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Pre1898

Pre1898
    from Saronville

FordShock1.jpg FordShock2.jpg FordShock2.jpg Can someone help identify these lever shocks marked "Ford" hydraulic shock absorber made in Chicago. Do these appear to be NOS, or repainted, or ? What year would they have been made ? I'm used to seeing the older Houdaille marked shocks but not these. Thanks for any assistance. Man they are tight and don't seem to rebound much at all. Maybe in need of oil or adjustments or something I'm missing.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Fordors

Fordors

Those are NORS, New Old Reproduction Stock, they were marketed by Chicagoan Pete Buciak. Long since dead he advertised years ago under the name “Shocks by Pete”.
    For sure they look to be high quality, but unlike original Houdaille shocks Pete’s were non-adjustable. I have no idea how well they worked, or if they leaked in use.

3. Pre1898

Pre1898
    from Saronville

Thanks "Fordors" for the history lesson. Has anyone ever taken one of these apart to see how they work or why these are so tight ? I checked and there is a small amount of what looks like oil inside but the reservoir or cavity isn't full. Any help ? Thanks.

4. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

they look like '28 / '32 style shocks .

kidcampbell71 likes this.