Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello From Metro Detroit

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Logante, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Logante

Logante

Hello,
    My name is J Reinhardt
    I currently live west of the city of Detroit, a suburb named Westland Michigan. I have been trolling these forums for a couple of months. For my birthday this year I purchased and registered a 1939 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. It is in need of some TLC but honestly even with the paint chipping and rust showing I will still drive and enjoy it. Thank you for allowing me to join, the resources available on this forum are great and I look forward to contributing any way I can.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana! Any pictures of the ‘39? We like pictures:). What’s your plan with the truck? Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Post some photo's of the truck now and as work progresses. Do not know what parts may be needed but two sources I have found most helpful are www.chevsofthe40s.com and www.fillingstation.com . Both also have large paper catalogs and chevs of the 40s even has separate catalogs for both trucks or for street rods. Both of these got a lot om my cash during my 46 coupe rebuild. Both of these carry from very early years to up around end of 50's.
    Good luck with the truck, Jimmie

Logante likes this.
  4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from the western Detroit ‘burbs

5. Logante

Logante

This truck is going to take a lot of time to get it back to where it needs to be. Fortunately the frames good and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of rot. It is hot rodded with a 350 and honestly the brakes scare me a bit. I have moved it to where I work to start some of the fixes to it.

I plan on getting it put back together properly, both doors need rust repair on the bottom, new bed sides and floor fenders need some finessing. The parts connecting the body to the grille are gone, (upper radiator support, v bar and such are gone). I plan on getting it into better shape but it will be a long process. I want to keep it similar to how it is but better.

Is there any way to get a frame made for the windshield (it’s chopped and windshield is caulked in). These are the issues I want to work on.

BTW The suburb I am in is Westland

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Looks cool