Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects T-V8 Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Late to the Party, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Well, believe it or not, my Hot Rod finally has an interior. I think it turned out pretty well, so I guess it was worth the wait. The pleats are 1-1/2", and they are "real" pleats. I think the guy did a nice job on it.

Hot Rod Interior 004.JPG

Hot Rod Interior 003.JPG

Hot Rod Interior 002.JPG

Hot Rod Interior 008.JPG

My car is finally complete! :) I took some Westley's Bleche-Wite to the yellowed white walls, and they cleaned right up. When we get a sunny day, I'll roll it outside and get some better pics.

2. Since I don't have a top yet, I had him make me a rain cover for the car. It fits over the windshield and interior, and attaches with those snaps around the outside. When I do get a top, I'll have it attach to those same snaps so it's removable.

3. atch

atch

Well done; all aspects of the car.

Late to the Party likes this.
  4. Wow, that interior looks great. Well worth the wait I'd say!

5. IronTrap

IronTrap

Looks bitchin'! I bet your excited!

6. Very cool build, well done.:cool::cool::cool: JW

7. Awesome looking "T". I have been gathering parts to build mine in an earlier '60s style. Having too much fun driving it this summer so I will probably tear it down next winter.

8. This past week, I got a Mullins trailer to go with my Hot Rod. It's a restored "real" one built in 1936, not a repop. Just got the matching wheels and tires on it today and need to buy a couple more hub caps. I have a few more things to do to it, but I'm tickled pink about it.

Hot Rod with Mullins Traler 003.JPG

Hot Rod with Mullins Traler 008.JPG

Jeff34, Vic Walter, Outback and 16 others like this.
  9. That trailer is really cool! Looks great behind your T.

10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Should be fenderless. :cool:

Jet96 likes this.
  11. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Just read thru the entire thread. Awesome fun build! Would love to see a video of it with the exhaust note.

12. I guess I'll need to learn to do a video and post it on here. I really like the sound of the exhaust.

13. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It's not difficult, just load the video on youtube and post the link on here!

14. Well, Folks, the time has come. I've finished this car and driven it 315 miles, so it's time to send it on down the road and start the next one. I just posted an ad in the "Cars for Sale" section of the Classified Ads. Thanks for following, Mike.

Outback and kidcampbell71 like this.
  15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Lovely car, Mike!
    Enjoyed the thread, all the way through. Saddened that it's getting sold, but all things must pass.
    Thanks for the completeness of it all...One last question, can you explain the method of getting the seat back to 'roll' around that way? What is the structure behind the 'seat cover'?
    My '27 Tub demands that seat, front AND rear!

ClarkH and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Great build. Really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see what you do next.

17. Mike A. -- Thanks for the compliments. I guess your question about the "roll" of the seat back refers to the top of the body where the upholstery rolls over. On these bodies originally, there was a wood tack strip that the upholstery was tacked to (two of them in your tub). There is now a modern replacement part made of plastic which goes in that same location and works quite well. It holds tacks and staples as well as wood. Here is a link to a source for it: https://www.modeltford.com/item/TSTRIP-B.aspx Since my upholstery continues over the door(s), I had to get two pieces. You heat the plastic using a heat gun to form it while attaching it to the body with screws. I also rounded one of the sharp corners using a router with a roundover bit. As for what's behind the upholstery, the answer is pretty much nothing. The build thread showed that the framework of the body is 1" x 1" steel tubing. I put some 1" dense foam rubber in between those tubing pieces to make a smooth surface, and the upholstery went right over that. Because of the small size of the cockpit, I kept all that to a minimum.

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Can you edit the price in your for sale add in the description? I’m sure people that would spend 15 on it scroll past it when they see the original higher price and don’t click to see that the price has dropped.

just a thought/ idea

19. Rand Man

Rand Man

It’s a quality build.

20. What Tim said.

21. v8flat44

v8flat44

Well, if that isn't SWEET, then bee's don't make honey! And thats that.

22. I purposely set the opening bid low the last time I listed it on eBay, thinking that would encourage bidders to bid it up to 12 or 13K. No one bid on it. I think folks are holding tight onto their $$ in this time of covid. So I put about $1,000 worth of Offy heads on it to sweeten the pot.

DSCN5133.JPG
    DSCN5132.JPG

patmanta, Dannerr, waxhead and 2 others like this.
  23. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

A cool little car, hope you are getting to enjoy it a little..

24. Part Timer

Part Timer

Great read. Great ride. I think the powers that be are telling you to keep this one! Good luck either way and thanks for the story. MM

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Late to the Party and 48fordnut like this.
  25. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I've never sold a car on ePay, but my experience there told me to list with my bottom dollar for Auction or top dollar Buy It Now with Make an Offer enabled.

26. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

So sad to see you sell this after all that work wow. What do you think you will build next? 15 k does not seem like enough when you see all the work you put in it but I guess if you using the money to fund the next project I guess it is worth it

Sent from my LM-Q720 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. Well, I guess it's about time to wind up this thread, so here goes. Some of you who have shown an interest in my car here may also be ones who were following the HAMB thread about Multy Aldrich's car, which began in 2006 and was active into 2020. If you followed that thread, you'll know that Multy's car was bought by Don Lang, owner of Lang's Old Car parts. (Shameless plug: If you need any Model T parts, Lang's is the place to go. www.modeltford.com) If you haven't been following the thread on the Aldrich car, you're in for some interesting reading. Here is a link: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/roy-multi-aldrich-roadster-found.101436/ Don has the Aldrich Roadster, which is one of the most famous of early "gow jobs," and he has the Bob Wilcox Roadster, which was built just before WW-II, and when he saw the car I built, he thought that it represented the next logical step in Hot Rodding, which was the post-WW-II era. Of course, my car wasn't built in the late 40's, but Don felt that it is an accurate representation of that genre, so he bought it this past Spring to add to his collection of Model T-based Hot Rods. The car now keeps company with the Aldrich Roadster and the Wilcox Roadster. I couldn't be more proud.

28. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is some serious respect, and very cool!