Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Falcon rear drag shocks and your fabricated mounts

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rocketsled59, Jun 14, 2019.

1. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

I’m looking into some adjustable shocks for my 64 falcon straight axle car. ( 393” Windsor 4speed stock rear leafs ladder bars 500-600 hp). I’m looking for shock recommendations. Starting with the rear ( I’m getting ready to put a housing floater in) double adjustable would be great but are out of my budget. So single it is I guess. I don’t want to break the bank but I don’t want the cheaper competition Engineering or Lakewood drag shocks as I’m afraid they won’t be effective at my hp level. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Deuces

Deuces

90/10s up front and 50/50s in the outback....

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  3. Ericnova72

Ericnova72
    from Michigan

Rancho RS9000, 9 way adjustable. Look them up be length, stroke, and end attachment style needed.
    Calvert Racing sells the same shocks under his Calvert name for use with his Cal-Trac traction bars

loudbang and rocketsled59 like this.
  4. southcross2631

southcross2631

I have Lakewood adjustables on mine

Deuces and rocketsled59 like this.

5. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

I see that strange makes adjustable shocks too.

6. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

I just updated the title on this thread because I’d also like to see your falcon gasser rear shock mounts for an axle with a floater and ladder bars. Thanks

loudbang likes this.
  7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I run the CE on the Shaker, set the right rear hard to compress and the left rear hard to extend.
    You may want to look at QA1 or Afco coil over shocks, just don't install the springs.

rocketsled59 likes this.
  8. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

I have looked at qa1 and strange shocks. Single adjustable. With the floater I don’t have any lower shock mounts now. Wondering if I’d be better off putting a piece of tubing between the rails for upper shock mounts. The original ones are at to much of an angle to attach to the axle housing.