Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage UNCLE SAM'S PIE EATING CONTEST NOSTALGA DRAGS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Montana1, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Who's going to UNCLE SAM'S PIE EATING CONTEST this weekend at Byron Dragway?

[​IMG]
    June 29, 2019

What is Uncle Sam’s Pie Eating Contest you ask? Well it is the first event of its kind that is a vintage drag race focused around Pie Crust slicks. All cars participating must run Pie Crust slicks to compete. All cars must be 1966 or older and have the appearance of a era correct car. No burnouts, no dry hops, just roll up to the light and press the go pedal! Tire technology was not very good in the early 60’s. See below for details on the rules.

Car count will be limited to 200 and cars will need to run 10.00 or slower. ((NHRA license and chassis certification required 9.99 and faster)

Email us: [email protected] for more information or to register for the June 2nd race at Byron Dragway, Byron Illinois

HOW TO REGISTER Please email the following information to [email protected]

Your info: Name, address, phone Car Info: Year Make Model Tire Info: Tire size, brand E.T.: Your best guess on what you will run (helps with classes) Class Type: Stock (very minimal mods from original) Gas, Super Stock, Factory Experimental, Dragster, Altered (if you don't know, we will get you in the right one) REAL cubic inches and small block/big block and manufacturer Naturally aspirated or super charged? If you are new to the Meltdown Events or this vehicle hasn't attended a Meltdown event, please include a general outside picture, engine picture and general interior picture

*Additional information may be requested from the MDA. Remember the rules, no reason to get booted for not knowing.

*Exceptions: Please include a description of what does not meet the requirements and request an exception.

Let's Hit it!

2. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

We’ll be there! My 57,Chuck’s 55 and John’s 55

Attached Files:

Montana1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Big brother Larry is coming also. This will be his first trip down a dragstrip since 1967. Got the motor dropped into his 59 Chevy over the weekend

Attached Files:

4. It looks like the weather will be good! No rain for a change and in the high 80's. I think I'll go see what's going on. ;)

loudbang likes this.

5. ...you'll like this event,...was good last year(1rst year for it) and 3 times the drag cars this year...plus lots of cool spectator cars show up...
    pie drags no1 6-2-18 007.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 006.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 011.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 014.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 018.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 021.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 028.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 039.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 042.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 047.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 048.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 060.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 063.jpg pie drags no1 6-2-18 078.jpg

6. cs39ford

cs39ford

If I get a chance will try to get up for the car show with the 56 Maybe see you all saturday

Montana1 likes this.
  7. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm looking forward to it. Spectated last year, but running this time.

Montana1 likes this.
  8. Roadsir

Roadsir

I'll be there with my 40. Should be fun!

Chucky and Montana1 like this.
  9. Roadsir

Roadsir

Staying in Beloit Wi tomorrow night if any other want to meet up for a beer or two.