Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What's with the Corvette guys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52HardTop, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks but it looks worse up close!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Must be why I’m on my fourth corvette

lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  3. I checked my numbers today and they match! Front and rear plate are the same.

Phil

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll wave to anybody. I'll wave to the guy on a moped LOL. If people don't want to, that's okay. But if they do that all the time, well... I believe they're just missing the boat. Oh well, too bad.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

For the most part corvette guys are douch bags!

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

driverquality and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. lake_harley

lake_harley

I have a Vette, a T roadster and ride motorcycles. I do occasionally wave back when people wave at me. I'd like to think I'm a friendly sort but why all the waving, pointing at the ground, much less a raised fist? When I'm driving my OT Tahoe I don't wave at all the other Tahoe drivers and all the "friendly waving crowd" of everything else never wave at me when I'm driving it. Maybe they're snobs that think they're better than a lowly Tahoe driver?

Lynn

8. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

In the spirit of full disclosure, the wife has a C3, but waves at pretty much anyone.
    I think Corvette owners that get kicked out of the club buy BMW's. Just sayin'.....

charleyw and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Any high end car never has taken notice of my 56. It's OK, I don't like what they drive either. Tit for Tat.

10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used to have a friend nicknamed Tat, that was his favorite expression.

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've had two C4's, and probably will never own another Vette. That is unless I win a lottery and I can get a C1 or C2. I enjoyed both of mine, but they were just another sharp car to me. I wanted one since I was a kid and finally got the opportunity. They're like convertibles, everyone should own one in their lifetime. I wasn't a member of any club, I'm too redneck for that!

Petejoe, wraymen, scotty t and 2 others like this.
  12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have known a Vette guy for a long time. Vettes, and had a Camaro a long time ago. he's different than regular people that's for sure.:confused:

13. Deuces

Deuces

I say screw'em!!!.... :):rolleyes::)

14. Deuces

Deuces

That's why I don't own a Vette....

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I get a bit of a kick out of Corvette guys in this state. A lot of them in the Seattle area have a Corvette as their only car and drive it to work and every else 24/7 and 365. On this side of the Cascades the majority have seem to them as a weekend only and then only if there isn't a cloud in the sky car. That said there used to be a gal 20 miles from me who put studded snow tires on hers on black skinny rims and drove it all winter every year she had it. It was her only car and she drove it everywhere.

16. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I wave at any cool car I see. But when I was driving my vette nobody waved at me, even other vette owners. Never understood why; it was a Chev after all.

Tri-power37 likes this.
  17. @Johnny Gee -
    Waving would be even easier in your '56, with the vent windows removed. At least, it looks like you did that. Noticed it on the elbow thread, couldn't quite place what was different..

bowie, Johnny Gee and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. rudestude

rudestude

This joke reminds me of one that I just read, oh ya because it was just a couple of posts back.

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Funny thing I have noticed is that real Harley guys seem to like the old cars too. The yuppy Harley guys are the same guys being questioned here... I went to Sturgis one year with a group of the elitist yuppy ones one time. I rode my shovel head and those guys about had a heart attack when I pulled my clutch all apart on a rainy day to get it working better. :D

20. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not all Vette guys are asshats, but their does seem to be a lot of “Mr. trophy “ guys in the bunch. If I pass ya, in your rod I’ll give ya a thumbs up! 1490BDC4-9645-460D-B85E-EEECDBD380CF.jpeg

quick85, enloe, treb11 and 13 others like this.
  21. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Just so ya know bowie, we'll probably wave at your furry friend first. Then we'll give you the thumbs up. By the way, does it get to put its elbows on the window sill?

lothiandon1940, bowie and Deuces like this.
  22. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unfortunately Art doesn’t. He’s the 5th Wire hair fox terrier we’ve had; and the first one who gets car sick! Sure is a good dog though!

23. Art looks like a great pal.:)

OLSKOOL57, Deuces and bowie like this.
  24. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He is, the wife and I love him.

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

Wow, a lot of Corvette hate on here. The funny thing is, all this shit you guys are talking about Vette owners can be said for hot rodders too. I've seen plenty of guys act like assholes if your car doesn't meet their idea of what is cool. In fact, most of the anti-Vette posts on here smack of the same arrogance you accuse vette owners of displaying!

tomcat11, quick85, bowie and 3 others like this.
  26. robracer1

robracer1

I don't know why anyone in (lets say 65 and older cars) would care about a newer type Vette getting a wave from them, they have there own society like we have our own society, I'm not interested in their ride and they are not interested mine. I will say I wave at C1 and C2 Vettes or get a wave from them.
    I have owned 6 Vettes, and enjoyed them and all got setup for autocross and later Track days and was with a group that cared about speed, performance, handing and competition, no one cared about Vette clubs or who had the newest ride or the wave thing.
    My track days are over because of age, the link between my brain and the brake pedal doesn't work very well, all the Vettes are gone and I got a 32 roadster that I just cruise and with pride wave at fellow hot rodders

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Sting Ray and Deuces like this.
  27. I've heard this one..."I have a similar car.. I have a Chevy" "No, this is different, this is a Corvette".

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  28. hotrodfords

hotrodfords

...And now back to our originally scheduled programming: “What’s with Corvette guys!?”

Answer: They are compensating for a small appendage.

And there you have it folks!

Deuces likes this.
  29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

It is removed. Stood there a long time before going to the point of no return as they say. In the end I disregarded what anyone would have to say about it. For me I knew putting a wider window with and unbroken look would make the profile "appear" longer. Also now the 1/4 glass does not over power door glass. This makes the roof line have a "false" mild chop look about it. I don't regret doing it.

bowie, chevy57dude, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  30. mike matters

mike matters

they are the ones that weren't allowed in the gold chain club

Deuces likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.