Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Headers for 302 sbf in a 1949 Shoebox Tudor Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by honeyman, Jun 20, 2019.

1. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

I've read some old posts on the subject, but looking to see if there are any new aftermarket headers that make the 302/C4 swap into a '49 Tudor Sedan w/stock steering box any easier. Sanderson FF-3's were recommended but are no longer available. FF-5's are referenced as a fit , but not so much without extensive modification. Have also read that Hedman #88406 headers are also a fit. Any other advice or thoughts?

2. v8flat44

v8flat44

Try Red's Headers, they might have something ? .

3. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used the factory HO headers from a Fox body Mustang

Hnstray likes this.
  4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

^^^^^^^^^^X 2

Ray

5. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Original Mustang GT headers from Fox bodied cars fit pretty tight. I've kept these around for 25 years waiting to use them on something but still hanging on the wall. Some day they will solve somebody's problems!
    SPark

IMG_5208.JPG IMG_5209.JPG

6. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Thanks guys, I ordered the Hedman Headers #88406 and my guy who is bending and welding up exhaust and connecting my sidepipes says they are a GREAT FIT. Again, for reference, this is a '49 Ford Tudor Sedan Custom, with 302 - C4 auto - disc conversion on front with power booster on firewall - stock steering box and rebuilt stock front suspension. Thanks for responding, next step was probably the stock Mustang GT headers.