Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 6/21/19 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1936-Tesla-Model-S-sketch.jpg

This is about Art, Old Cars & Customizing

This appeared in a shortlived thread a day or two ago...the power was OT but the style was Custom/Deco themed...

I can't credit the Hamber as the thread is gone...

I would have loved to have seen this as production...Zephyr comes to mind...

In the 30s Tesla drafted a Concept Car (above) that Never made it due to time and circumstance...But about the Later 30s styling...

We can work with that as a Custom...doesn't need much...

Tesla_Low_V3.jpg

:rolleyes:...With Respect...;)

Credit to Artist Nikola Tesla, Owner

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/modern-cars-retro-design-ruben-ooms-art-paintings-photos/

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  2. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stogy, your always on top of giving credit where credit is due.

Other posters?...not so much. ALL the images are great, but if not a personal work, please give the artist a mention.

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I suspect a lot have left us but I appreciate these gifts of their legacies and will do my best to acknowledge their efforts.

Most who don't acknowledge it are not selfishly doing it...it's just extra work...or maybe lack of understanding.

As an Artist I give Credit and it's not only for art either. Thanks Shutter...;)

4. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Way to go. Keep at it, Paxton!

5. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cheers Stogy, love it. :)

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Things go better with Coca Cola...:D

Ron Funkhouser and ct1932ford like this.
  7. How many of you guys have gotten chased down a lonely back road at night by one of those pesky flying saucers?
    Happy Sci-fi Friday folks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@denis4x4 Started a Thread on this T Truck and I felt it might be more Traditional being a competitor against the Munster Coach...:D...but only after a few Upgrades...it got my creative juices flowing and heres where it went...

Pop3.JPG

EE7B4F41-3F1F-4646-A786-DFA226CDB2B5.jpeg

:rolleyes:...if you click this thumbnail you can arrow back in forth to see the nose go up...being it a Ford I stuck in a Ardun equipped V8...​

hqdefault.jpg

That's gonna beat the Coach...hahahahahah...not a popcorn, pogo sticks chance...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/traditional-food-truck.1154287/#post-13129386

Credit to Photographers, Owners

9. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. chappychapperton

chappychapperton

11. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes gearhead art is a tad different than the Ole Bird in a Tree Painting eh...I like it too...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. I like your vision on this Stogy and denis. Maybe you could name it "The Munchie Coach" ! (hehe)

14. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmm...still no credit on the Deuce Sculpture?

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  15. rooman

rooman

16. Blake 27

Blake 27

Another Wanlass? DSC01995.JPG

17. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. contspanko

contspanko

awesome

Stogy likes this.
  19. Stan is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Hell, he has a Bugatti in his living room!

Mick

Jigger, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chappy...question for you, skulls and Hotrod have an association from the dawn of the movement...I also sense a connection to Native Indian in this art...

Tell us about your inspiration for this...is it Life and Death...Live Fast Die Hard?...just curious...;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hambbudds...Great Art Show...keepem' comin'...Summer's here for a great portion of us...Good Times...;)

themoose and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. All of the artists deserve a great big THANK YOU, GREAT WORK. Not taking anything away from the artists, but I really liked "RUSTYS'stuff.
    Good job to all artists

57 Corvette ~ Bob, themoose and Stogy like this.
  23. bscustoms,...you've got a good eye...lol!.....just kiddin,..everyone who posts does some incredible work...thanks to all,....here's a custom semi I did for a local truck guy...
    woodart 2019 307.jpg

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  24. chappychapperton

chappychapperton

Hey! Yes this is somewhat native Indian inspired art. I have studied and follow the woodland style of art which this particular piece does share similar characteristics. As for the skull image, I went to Mexico this long cold winter, came back and drew this on a piece of maple and put it aside until a few weeks ago. I was working on my 51 and seen it sitting in the corner, pit the wrench down and finished this over the course of a week. So yes you could say it is hot rod inspired! Took a pic of it sitting on the front bumper and now it has a spot on my garage wall. Just started on a real cool carved tiki which I hope to have in here in a few weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jigger, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Make it a little part of a graphic on the Hotrod...styling a vehicle to a look period is challenging...something like this but since yours is a truck...Tonneau Style, It's Period Correct...;)

Harry-Keiichi-Nishiyama-1939-ford-profile.jpg

Credit to Photographer, Owner

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Right out of the mid 60s Radical Rod craze, Stagecoachs, GTO Phaetons, Phonebooth Rods so yeah, I called it Popcorn but as a Competitor to the Munster Coach I like your title as it has Mun in it...:D...and it's really more than just Popcorn as well...Thanks @Vonzemo Compliments to you on your polished style...you always deliver quality entertainment...;)

Vonzemo and chryslerfan55 like this.

27. Yeah the "Radical Rod Craze" was a fabulous time period and produced some amazing examples of wild imagination brought to life. We cant forget the cars and the legendary builders like Ed Roth, George Barris, Daryl Starbird, Gene Winfield, Bill Cushenbury and so many more. We definitely should continue to keep those kind of ideas alive and represented here from time to time in the FAS.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, I very much appreciate it.

Stogy likes this.