Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Sugar Daddy, Lincolnland Kustoms, Dave Losen history??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Allyn Smith, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Camaro Girl, I'm sure I wouldn't recognize you now, but I remember you from the old pictures. I was an active member of Lincoln Land Kustoms and K.K.O.A. back in the 80's. I knew and was good friends with your Dad, Dave, Jon, George and the whole gang. We (Northern Chapter) would drive down from the western Chicago suburbs at least twice a year for the indoor show the and spring picnic. Bob Keith, Roger Lick, John Stearn, may be some names that ring a bell. My chopped '49 Ford and your Dad's 'Vette were on the T-shirt one year when we did the junk yard crawl. You used to play with my daughter at the park at those events. Those were great times! We moved to California since then, but my wife still wears the L.L.K. jacket and I still have my L.L.K. plaque on the package tray.

2. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

I'll drag up an old thread with this picture. I was on family vacation to Flathead Lake, Glacier National Park and Yellowstone last week. It's a loooong drive so we didn't want to stop and take time at restaurants. Packed some stuff for quick picnic stops. Stopped in Belle Fourche SD for gas, asked the clerk where a close public park was for a picnic. She gave directions to the park, but warned there might not be any room because there was a car show going on.

:D:D:D:D:D Well, shut my mouth and fill me with dumplins .... I just love a car show.

So we went and made our lunch on the tailgate, parked on the street outside the park. All the while, I am eyeing the vintage iron in the park. As soon as I scarf down my sammy, I head to the park, promising not to talk to anybody, just look quickly and get back on the road for vacation.

Broke that promise when I commented on how straight the metalwork/paint was on a long blue 47-53 School bus conversion. I just couldn't help myself. Realized my error, and cut the conversation short and continued looking. Scanning the other entries, I see some cool 50's cars, and your normal car show stuff.

I was about to cut thru the rows and head back to the daily driver. Then at the end of the row, I see the continental kit sticking out. No Way. It's Sugar Daddy.

I asked to break my promise of no talking, if I could keep it short. I assumed it was Allyn Smith sitting under the EZ-up. It wasn't, but the couple, Diana and _______ (can't recall), who had bought the car from Allyn.

Looked through the tribute book that Allyn had made up to find the dash plaque that I had sent Allyn, featuring "Dave's 55". Talked with the couple a little about Allyn, who they said has had health issues.

After that, we had to go.

3. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

4. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Found the name of the show, which you can view on Facebook. Center of the Nation All Car Rally at Herrmann Park sugar daddy BF SD.jpg Photo by Dirt Road Photography

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  5. Rambling Rudy

Rambling Rudy

That's Cool that Dave's Car is still around!