Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is there a "show me your T-bucket" thread??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustydusty, Mar 12, 2019.

1. I thought there was, but I can't seem to find it...

I need some ideas for my latest acquisition. 0311191546.jpg 0311191546.jpg

2. Whoops! I double posted!
    That's gonna "peeve" somebody off!

Flathead Dave likes this.
  3. raven

raven

First of all, get rid of that rack and pinion steering!
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. lake_harley

lake_harley

upspirate likes this.

5. The rack and pinion definitely is going! That's one of the reasons I want to see some T's.

patmanta likes this.
  6. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

It's a beautiful blue. Fix it right and drive it. The deuglyfying a t thread will help you too.

Tim likes this.
  7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I see some potential there,
    If it were mine I'd swap out the entire front end, the wheels and tires, the windshield, the seats, the headers and dress the engine to an earlier style.. for starters

Stogy likes this.
  8. ahshoe

ahshoe

It amazes me how people can weld or clamp rack and pinion steering on a moving suspension part such as a axle.There is a company I see on line that sells rack and pinion on a 53-56 Ford f100 truck.If you think about it every time the axle moves with a bump in the road the steering will jerk too. Doesn't seem safe to me. Or am I missing something?

9. loudbang, Stogy, Tim and 4 others like this.
  10. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

As long as the steering shaft can telescope properly, and the axle doesn't shift side to side, bump steer will be non-existant with the rack mounted to the axle.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  11. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Look under donor cars !

12. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. AndersF

AndersF

14. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

15. Sorry, I couldn't resist the urge to show you my "T" bucket. :D HRP

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  16. I had one just like it- but different! I have been acquiring parts to swap out the front steering system. I have a Corvette steering box and a tie rod. Set of white wall tires etc... probably be winter before switching everything out as I have a big boat project I'm working on now

chryslerfan55 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  17. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Your T-bucket has some great qualities. But, as you can see, this is a tough crowd with all of the different opinions and offerings. If you are happy with it, drive it until it falls apart or you are ready to sell it… or trade someone for another hot rod. With our long time history in So Cal, those T-buckets have been around in the magazines, on the street and many have been showcased in those arena car shows.

Styles have come and gone in this style of build. The HAMB guys are looking for traditional, yet innovative within those parameters. When rack and pinion steering was being used on coupes, sedans and trucks, it gently flowed into all other aspects of hot rodding. But, as you can see (or not see) those that still have rack and pinion steering are hidden or not mentioned here, while the rest of the hot rod is showcased. You have to pick your battles.

Over the years, the styles have come and gone. We all have seen some good ones and not so good ones. The East Coast style is a little different than So Cal. They all fit the needs/pocketbooks of the owners.

Jnaki
    upload_2019-6-23_3-49-4.png Prowlers San Diego
    This is Ford powered T-bucket from the San Diego area, is one of the best with its smooth flowing lines and design. I called it a black cherry red/maroon color when I first saw it and was able to ride around in the roadster. (Sorry, color slides were given to the family) I can attest to the ride as it was smooth and fast. But, being 6 feet tall doesn’t give a lot of room for two people sitting comfortably. That was a drawback.
    upload_2019-6-23_3-51-15.png
    This blue T-bucket had all of the goodies and with those cool exhaust pipes, sounded nice. (Plus, it gets around as a driver in the OC.) We have seen it 50 miles apart on separate days and weeks. It is a reliable form of transportation with the wind in your face feeling. In this day and age of A/C, auto, small/big SUV cars, it is a definite change to see the T-Roadster cruising around in So Cal. Having known the feeling of the wind in your face and all around, it was something vs. today’s quiet zone driving.
    upload_2019-6-23_3-51-1.png

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

jnaki I totally agree with you on the wind in the face feeling. I don't have a T bucket but I do have a '26 coupe with a swing out windshield that I never shut not even in the winter time...……...

jnaki and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. Ah! I see now, it updates the photo on the thread! Just for the record, I wish to state that red abortion on wheels is NOT my car!

Sent from my SM-G955F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

When you have a "T" you gotta have a tall motor! Just installed the top end on this one. Agreed the wheels aren't traditional "yet" but rest is sure close!
    DSCF0170.JPG DSCF0166.JPG DSCF0173.JPG

exterminator likes this.
  21. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Mine

Attached Files: