Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Snooze, ya Lose Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Jun 23, 2019.

1. I'm such a dumbass!
    I've been going past the sign for this property auction in our little town for a month. Apparently for an old abandoned motel and older house.
    Sign didn't say anything about CARS!

This Fordor A went for $6800
    1.jpg

This A Roadster went for $7500
    2.jpg

This 57 T-Bird with 312 went for $9000
    02902400-160c-4292-aa51-195a68a264a0.jpeg

And this little cupcake went for $11250!! 55 Olds 2 dr post with 324.
    4.jpg
    4-3.jpg
    c5f22a7b-7e0f-45fd-8eb6-b2b5d4e8a67f.jpeg

Bummer!!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  2. Bill, I'm shaking my head, I can't believe you didn't check it out, someone scored some nice caes. HRP

The37Kid and Deuces like this.
  3. Yep! And I'm broke as a convict now.
    Would have had to figure out some creative financing.

loudbang, HOTRODPRIMER and Deuces like this.
  4. Squablow

Squablow

Neat pics, thanks for sharing. Seems like the prices were right in line with the market, although the A roadster seems pretty cheap if the engine turned over.

loudbang and Deuces like this.

5. I know the feeling very well, it never ceases to amaze me if I have access to some spare cash nothing desirable is for sale at a reasonable price, if I'm short on cash every deal within driving distance will pop up! :rolleyes: HRP

6. fuzzface

fuzzface

you just never know about auctions. You think you know all about your area and all of a sudden something turns up that was literally in your backyard and you never knew about it.

Look at me. I was talked into going to a farm auction by some friends I ran into. after reading the listing and seeing nothing I wanted and knowing the family and what I thought they owned, I wasn't going until my friends talked me into it. What the hay, spend quality time with friends at an auction, eat roach burgers out of the chuckwagon and spend very little money( remember nothing tripped my trigger from the listing) . Sounded like a day of fun with friends so I went.

I ended up buying a 1930 Studebaker at the auction. Never knew they owned it. Was shoved in the one corn crib since the 60's. There went my cheap day BUT I STILL HAD FUN!

Deuces and Truck64 like this.
  7. rusty valley

rusty valley

auction 20 miles from me 2 weeks ago had a T truck, and an A pickup. they didnt say any thing about parts or other auto stuff, so i didnt go. running, original unrestored A pick up went for 2100, non running T truck, 800 bucks. lots of parts too i was told later. 20 miles from home!!!

8. belair

belair

I had a black 55 Olds 2 door. Loved it. The correct engine for it would be a 324.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. Thanks! Fixed it.
    I would pay $11K for it any day.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Around here I have found that a lot of it it how the auction company advertises the auction in advance and that depends on what they specialize in. One will do a quarter page write up on an old saddle with 20 photos but just show one photo saying "Pallet or bin" of miscellaneous car parts. I had a guy standing next to me give me half of what my winning bid on a pallet of stuff like that for one piece out of it that I didn't care about and was the only thing he wanted. He still got a bargain out of it and I got some goodies for half of my original bid which wasn't much as by that time we were seeing who wanted what lot and few lots were getting bid up

Squablow and Deuces like this.
  11. It ran.
    2-5.jpg

Squablow and Deuces like this.
  12. 312 in the 'Bird and a trunk full of booty.
    3-1.jpg
    0134de01-b529-4494-987a-492988be2b08.jpeg

Deuces likes this.
  13. I would have the fenders off that roadster faster than a sneeze through a screen door.:rolleyes:

48fordnut and Deuces like this.
  14. Better pic of the Roadster
    2-6.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  15. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Slap your self on the back of the head and say.... dumb ass....

Deuces likes this.
  16. Squablow

Squablow

Have done that many times. Often those big random piles are where the best bargains are. Many bidders don't want to have to take a whole huge pile of stuff home, they'll pay more for just the one thing they want. Auctions can be fun that way.

Deuces likes this.