Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello everyone.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by UnkkaBobby, Jun 17, 2019.

1. UnkkaBobby

UnkkaBobby

My name is Bob. I'm 59 years old living in southeast Wisconsin. I come with a lifelong passion for Hot rods, motorcycles, guitars and occasional cold adult beverages. My project, currently underway is sure to not see any acceptance from the purists here. I get it. Nevertheless, my 33 Speedstar coupe is slotted to ultimately belong to my son. Powered by a 1966 Buick nailhead, it's got quite the lineup of parts. Currie, Pete and Jakes, Heidts, Quick Performance, Ididit, Tanks, Tea's seats, Painless wiring, Dakota Digital, Smoothie's and Cokers. I have two different intake/carbs to choose from. 1966 "GL" with Quadrajet and a 1964 Super Wildcat twin AFB's. Plans are to dyno both when time comes.
    I registered to learn from others and share what I can. Wisconsin's fenderless rodders are a hot subject matter currently and I'll need all the help and direction I can get. Thanks everyone!

31hotrodguy likes this.
  2. We also like photos.....WELCOME

3. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

UnkkaBobby likes this.
  4. Scrubline

Scrubline

Welcome, I was late to the party myself. Some of the greatest minds to ever turn a wrench reside on this site. (I'm not one of them)

UnkkaBobby likes this.

5. Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin from a 59 year old with similar interests. Pic's would be nice, I'll be on the lookout to talk early iron and guitars. Im running around with a lowered 51 Coupe.

UnkkaBobby likes this.
  6. UnkkaBobby

UnkkaBobby

As a newbie to this site, I'll be respectful and honest. A good scan of the various postings when I put "Speedstar" into the search engine here revealed a mixed bag of appreciation and hate. I'm not thin skinned. I'm smart enough to understand why some barf at the very sight of my car of choice, and I'm respectfully humble and appreciate those that can accept it. It's "my current desire" of what kind of hot rod tickles the departure of cash from my hard earned wallet. Most important though is the very reason I'm here. I can hopefully offer another voice of help, to battle bad interpretations of laws, rules and regulations affecting us and our cars. It's my intent anyway. This thread became the very reason I'm here : Anti Hot Rod & Muscle Car Enforcement by Wisconsin State Patrol
    My car isn't finished yet. I'd hate to think I can't title it, drive it, enjoy the rewards of my hard work when that time comes, here in my home state of Wisconsin. My car is cool, it belongs to a workaholic who should be at the least, allowed to join in the fray of the people protecting the use of "Cool cars". I'll post some pics, we'll see how this goes for a new member with a Speedstar.

31hotrodguy likes this.