Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Tri-City Rod & Custom lost a member last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 18, 2019.

1. I got the news about a hour ago that one of our oldest members passed away in his sleep last night, Joel was not a charter member but joined our club shortly after it was organized and I knew him for 40 years, he was 89 years old.

When I first met Joel he was driving a '39 Ford DeLuxe coupe with a 283 and the rest of the running gear was original, he and his wife dated and got married in that car and it was a big part of their lives.

He was also the only member of the club that lived his entire life in Georgia and crossed the border to attended meetings in South Carolina.

He was a true Southern Gentleman but there was also a little mischief mixed in with his personality, he will be missed by our club. HRP

[​IMG]

RICH B, Blue One, Muttley and 2 others like this.
  2. Danny, sorry for the loss of your friend. Sounds like he was a good guy. RIP

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Sorry to hear about your friend. It is always hard to loose some one that you have been buddies with, and it makes it worse when you have know them for so long as they have become a part of your life. It sounds as if he lived a good life and there is something to be said for the way he passed with no long term suffering. May he rest in peace.
    Maybe your car club could have a special memorial for him.

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. So sorry, Danny. Sounds like he was a great guy to spend time with. I'm sure he will be missed by many.

OLSKOOL57 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to his Family, yourself, and all of his other good buddies

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

So sorry Danny! He sounded like a great guy.

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to hear about loosing your club member.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Sorry to hear about your friend Danny.
    While it’s a part of life and he had a good long one it isn’t easy to lose a friend or family member.

I learned personally what that’s like on June 4th when my mom passed away at 88.
    She would have made 89 in July.

God has them in his care now.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

10. Thank you guys, I really do appreciate the kind remarks and condolences. HRP

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  11. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Sorry to hear about Joel.

I met him once and he was a stand up guy.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Danny,,,, What is Joel's last name ?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Joel Goddard, he was born in Atlanta, but lived in Hartwell, Ga most of his life, he worked in the grocery business and spent some a few years working in Dahlonega, Ga before retiring back to Hartwell. HRP

14. Just got home from Joel's funeral in Hartwell, Georgia.

Beautiful service and the funeral director ask us to lead the hearse in our hot rods, at the mausoleum Joel received full Military rites worthy of a Korean War Veteran.

002.JPG

15. It's been almost a year since Joel passed away and last night we lost yet another club member

Andy Mullikin was another one of our oldest members, he was the go to man if you wanted to build a healthy flathead, since the pandemic we were all keeping our distance so we haven't
    seen him in a couple of months .

Andy had some respiratory problems and his heart finally gave out and yesterday afternoon according to another friend, Andy was in his shop building doing what he love, building another flathead.

At our Christmas party last year we were privileged to be a part of the Quilts of Honor bestowed on several club members, including Andy. HRP

Jalopy Joker and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. Thank you my friend, HRP

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Sorry for your loss, sounds like a great guy. While it doesn’t make it easier for family and friends for the loss it’s nice he passed while doing what he loves in his own garage. RIP. I lost a great friend and hot rodder a few years ago, still miss his talks and advice.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Yep, with trying to be safe about social distancing, etc it does create a situation of missed opportunities to regularly interact with one another that we used to take for granted - sincere sympathy to you, and all that knew and loved them

21. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Danny, is this Andy the same guy that is in the Early Ford V8 Club?

65pacecar likes this.
  22. One in the same John. HRP

chryslerfan55 and 65pacecar like this.
  23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Wow again Danny sorry that you lost another friend.
    Larry

24. Sorry to hear this news. RIP

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

25. chargin03

chargin03

Sorry for your loss.

26. Mark, Andy was a well respected Flathead guru in the upstate of South Carolina, he taught at Greenville Tech and started build engines while he was teaching after retirement, he started building engines for The Early Ford Store when they moved their operation to Piedmont, South Carolina. HRP

27. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Sorry to hear about your loss, this is one of the pit falls as we get older. I have a great friend that just turned 85,he is still in good health but as we all know that can change in an instant. I have lost way too many friends in the last few years and it never gets any easier. At almost 69 it makes me wonder when my number will come up, I am blessed with pretty good health (so far ,knock on wood) and am very thankful for every day I wake up.

chryslerfan55 and trollst like this.
  28. I know we are all in that zone. Seems like everyday another friend has moved on to the garage in the sky. We all knew it was coming and now it is here. Make the most of each day and drive that hot rod whenever you can. The rest is in God's hands.

29. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

30. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Sad to hear but at 89 years young I'd bet he experienced a lot of good things
    and good friends.

chryslerfan55 and oldsjoe like this.