Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Body shop recommendations for Southern Maryland

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indcontrols, Jun 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. indcontrols

indcontrols

I have had a mishap - of course it had to be on my 39 (custom bright red)... fender, quarter panel crunch, trunklid now misaligned.... Can anyone recommend a good paint and body shop in southern maryland area for hotrods?
    Thanks

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. .............You might want to join us on the HAMB Maryland Social Group where you might get more responses to your inquiry.:)

Dino 64, OLSKOOL57 and Just Gary like this.
  3. Maybe you want to drive a little and get the best possible result. You can check out George's or PJ's locally in SM, but I just had a OT car painted by Mullinix Auto Body in Ellicott City MD and it turned out fantastically. Better than the factory paint job. Yeah, the reviews of all body shops are mixed good/bad...car took too long, receptionist was rude...but Glenn Mullinix has helluva talented painters. Just my opinion. Go visit any shop a couple of times and see what's sitting out back, before you write anyone a big check. Get a hard and fast "done by " date. again: Just my personal opinion....

4. By the way, that car in your avatar...does not say "luxury liner" on the back does it? Was over by Annapolis, 460 Ford engine? I looked at that one too, almost bought it. GREAT custom car, with a little bit of a roof issue (fallen tree).

5. indcontrols

indcontrols

Yes, that car does in fact say Luxury Liner on it, it is a decent "driver" mild custom. You are correct, a tree had fallen on it and crushed the roof - a bunch of pulling, pushing, and a shrinking wheel and it's back in shape. My friends were amazed that the roof came back out.
    The 460 was suffering from a broken exhaust valve spring and worn out distributor, I put springs and seals in and it leaked down 5-8%, good to go. I've done a BUNCH to it - resealed the motor and trans, duraspark ignition, rebuilt all the window regulators, resealed the rear, stitched up a headliner, et. etc.
    , I totally dig it. It's going to be my daily driver as soon as I get a windshield put in it.... that's the killer - There are NO windshield gaskets for the 56 & 57 lincolns (plenty for the mark II's - which technically are not lincolns), but NONE for the Capri or Premiere...
    I managed to get a "stock" extruded strip that is close, I'm not looking forward to trying to install my new high dollar windshield with the strip gasket - I might have a pro try it... yup - I'm scared...
    I guess to get back on subject - YES - I should join the HAMB maryland social group - more nuts like me local... now just have to figure out how...

Someone else had suggested PJ's, but when I looked them up, I got Caliber collision ? That's a chain....

6. mark latham

mark latham

I grew up with this guy. https://www.facebook.com/selfmade.kustoms
    Haven't talked to him in years other than on Facebook so I don't know about pricing but his work is top notch. He does body and paint on the side but he hustles.

7. indcontrols

indcontrols

Wow !! He does some next level stuff !!!
    Thanks !

8. @MP&C
    He does beautiful work and regularly posts here on the HAMB.:cool:

9. I'll second @MP&C he does amazing work and can be reached here on the hamb. Look him up.

10. MP&C

MP&C

Got any pictures of the carnage? I'm in Leonardtown. Oh, and thanks for the props guys!

11. I didn't want to seem presumptuous and recommend you as well, Robert, but like everyone has said, your work is top-shelf excellent and I hope that the OP takes a look at it........Don.

12. indcontrols

indcontrols

1.JPG 3.JPG bumper damage.JPG close up.JPG small quarter.JPG
    Well here is the ugly... Nice punched in dent where it hopped over the aluminum bumper (bumper is bent as well), nice crack at the fender to quarter and the thing that kills me is that this is the only coupe I have ever owned that the trunk lid used to fit !!!
    To add insult to injury, I accidentally scratched the door on my 37 DeSoto Monday moving some stuff around... Ugh...

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  13. MP&C

MP&C

That looks to be less metalwork than it initially sounded. I though it may be some fabrication of new fender parts, but honestly that looks minimal. The repair is likely going to get into your graphics too. Contact Bill Clark at:

https://www.facebook.com/Bill-Clarks-Auto-Restoration-LLC-320585261807332/

he is right down the street from you in Tall Timbers. If you don't have FB, let me know and I'll PM his number. He's one of the better painters in this area.

Dino 64, lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.
  14. indcontrols

indcontrols

Awesome, thanks a bunch !

lothiandon1940, MP&C and Just Gary like this.
  15. MP&C

MP&C

If you had more metal fabrication needed, I'd be all over it for you as I don't think Bill has quite the level of fabrication capabilities at his shop that I do. Since it looks to be more in line with him and since he's right down the street, his shop is likely a better match for this particular job.

Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. indcontrols

indcontrols

I can dig it. I do have some fab coming up on the DeSoto that outside of my demonstrated talent, I'll definitely be in touch. While we're at it, who is the go-to guy for roll cage work ?

MP&C, Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. MP&C

MP&C

For roll cages, Gary Butler in Charlotte Hall. I’ll PM you his number.

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. indcontrols

indcontrols

Thanks again !

MP&C likes this.