Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Need picture rear seat 49 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BJR, Jun 15, 2019.

1. BJR

BJR

Just putting the back seat in my 49 Buick Super Sedanet, and I lost the clips that the back seat bottom snaps into. The ones that grab the seat bottom when you push the bottom back and down. Does anyone have a picture of the clips or the floor bottom with the seat bottom out of the car? I would guess 49 Cad and Olds would be the same. Or any GM car around 1950 should be close. Thanks Brian.

2. BJR

BJR

How about any early 50's GM car?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  3. Tetanus

Tetanus

I will get talk to my buddy he has a 49 with seats out.give me a bit.

Sent from my moto e5 play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

BJR likes this.
  4. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are no clips. The way the springs are constructed, they just sit down in the box. There is a clip for the bottom of the seat backs.

5. Tetanus

Tetanus

6. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. Mine does not have those but they sure make sense. How do you fasten them?

7. BJR

BJR

See the 2 holes in the rectangle to the left, and down in the picture from the clip? There is 4 of them along that rail on my car with an impression of something being screwed down there. I think that is where I removed whatever holds the seat bottom in place. It's just been so long ago I don't remember.

8. Tetanus

Tetanus

Maybe for a trim piece in front of seat?

9. Tetanus

Tetanus

Clip holds seat and holes are for some kinda trim?? I'm guessing

10. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a trim piece that goes on the forward side of the "box" that the seat sits in. That would make sense.

11. BJR

BJR

I think you are correct, the holes in the rectangle are for the front trim piece. Now to find the seat clips pictured in all my junk. I just looked at my car, and I don't have any holes for the clips pictured to fit into. Also I see no place where they would've attached. Very strange.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    rockable likes this.
  12. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sent you a PM. I will look again at my 49 but, like Rockable I don't think there is an attachment hole/slot for the clips shown in Post 5. My seat is held in place by the front trim piece.

13. BJR

BJR

I looked at my parts car which was 70 miles away today. I had the front vertical trim piece still on it. That is what holds the seat in place. The top of the trim piece is about 3/4" taller than the box section that the seat springs sit on, and is screwed to the 4 rectangles with the 2 screw holes in them. The seat is held in place by it. Thanks to all that replied with helpful info. Brian