Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ‘47 Riley-Rod build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by equipe59, Jun 17, 2019.

1. equipe59

equipe59

gnichols likes this.
  2. equipe59

equipe59

3. equipe59

equipe59

4. equipe59

equipe59

At this point, I had no idea what I was going to do with the engine once I’d finished it. I knew nothing about building V8’s before I started, but through necessity was learning fast.

I just like V8’s, and didn’t want to go down the ubiquitous Rover (Buick) 315 V8 route. And these Windsor’s were fitted to all the cool cars - Mustangs, Cobras, Tigers, Falcons etc.

I’ve also got an Alpine, and started wondering if I could emulate Shelby and drop the V8 straight in there. Lots of measuring and thinking later, I decided I couldn’t and it’d ruin my very nice Alpine.

5. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Says I don't have permission to view......

6. equipe59

equipe59

Bah, hopefully I’ve fixed that and the pics have magically appeared.....

7. oj

oj

Did you have to use BOTH hands when lifting it up onto the workbench or just use the other hand to steady yourself?

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for sharing

9. equipe59

equipe59

Both hands? Noo - one had a glass of wine in it!

Lots of oily bits back in and time to add some bling, headers, gearbox and the like.

Although it wasn’t quite as easy as it sounds. Being a 5-bolt, I couldn’t find a bellhousing to mate that to a Tremec T5. So I got a 5-bolt to Toploader bellhousing and a T5 to 6-bolt adaptor plate and, er, adapted them to make it all fit. Except the input shaft was then too long so needed machining. Being idle, I couldn’t be arsed to strip the ‘box so I made a mount for an angle grinder, fixed it to the ‘box and ground the shaft down in situ. And it worked!

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker