Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone bought a Brookville Body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ekimneirbo, Jun 16, 2019.

1. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Thinking long and hard about buying a Brookville Steel body. Anybody bought one and have any suggestions. They ain't cheap, and I'm wanting a 3 window 32.

2. Haven’t bought one but helped build a couple
    Nice pieces

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. nor6304

nor6304
    from Indiana

I bought a 3 window coupe body & fenders I am very happy with it & would buy another You can PM if you want I will help if I can

lothiandon1940 and chop job like this.
  4. 5window

5window

You'll certainly save on all the body work you'd have with an original Henry. I'd follow up with the folks who have hands one experience. Only you would know if you'd be happy with one that wasn't built in 1932. (I'd be fine).

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. missysdad1

missysdad1

I have a Brookville '28 roadster body for one of my project cars. It's nicely built but the metal is quite soft, not nearly so dent-resistant as gennie Ford stuff.

6. hotrodder1932

hotrodder1932

I have built 5 roadsters and two 3 windows. Always happy with the quality. If ever an issue the support is great..

7. D2Denny

D2Denny

I used a 28/29 body. Was pleased with the construction and not having to deal with metal repair/replacement. However if you want arrow straight body panels you will have to skim coat the body with filler and prime and block sand several times.

lothiandon1940, 48stude and 5window like this.
  8. pkhammer

pkhammer

Brookville is great to work with. I find it refreshing that I can deal directly with Kenny, the president of the company and he is there with his crew at all the big swap meets/shows. Only issue I ever had with Brookville parts was a couple of rivnuts came loose. Great quality and support as mentioned earlier.