Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Appears Radir is having website problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manicmachanic, Apr 20, 2019.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I actually just got a call from Rich a few minutes ago. He said the wheels will be shipping at the end of this week.

2. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Still nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. 5window

5window

Very disheartening. Did you pay with.a credit card? Maybe your CC company can light a fire under them .

4. town sedan

town sedan

Bummer dude, sorry...,
    I did sort of like their stuff. Too bad.
    -Dave

5. 5window

5window

So, UncleScooby is still awaiting his wheels, long after they should have been shipped. Burning question: Since it has been a month, have you received your slicks?

dirty old man likes this.
  6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Don't know what the terms of cancelling an order and getting a credit issued to your credit card account are on Unclescooby's credit card. But if it were me, the day after I was told that the wheels just needed drilling and polishing AFTER long before then being told the wheels were in stock and ready to ship, would have been the day I cancelled the order.

rmorris likes this.
  7. What a shame they have deteriorated to this. I'd get on the phone with my credit card company today and have the charges cancelled. There's absolutely no excuse for this kind of bullshit.

5window and dirty old man like this.
  8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I can speak only for myself and no one else, but after watching this thread since it started, I would not order anything from Radir.

Sky Six likes this.
  9. 5window

5window

This is so sad, they had great stuff. But, I agree to cancelling the payment. If the wheels are actually in en route (and where's the tracking #?), I'd bet UncleScooby would send on the payment. But, this does not look good.

10. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I’m going to check in again this week. I really like the look of Radirs and these last two wheels are all I’m waiting for

5window likes this.
  11. 5window

5window

It might be that some (former?) Radir supplier has a pair but isn't listing them as inventory. Have you checked with Speedway or folks like that, as a backup?

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Seems the problems are more than just website issues.
    Too bad really.
    Are they ( Radir) aware of this thread?

13. Starting to think about buying my next pair of slicks from them at fall Carlisle. In person while I still can, it seems.

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Yeah, this is a bummer. Rich has been nice when I’ve talked to him, the wheels are super cool. I’ve owned lots of them. I am about out of options though. I think I have to file the credit card dispute this week. I don’t want the money back. I want the wheels. The ones in the classifieds here are exactly the size and bolt pattern I need but his are polished and my rear wheels are cast finish. Plus, Radir still has $700 of my money for three months.
    I’m going to try one last time to get it resolved with an email tonight and a phone call tomorrow. I’d sure love to show you guys my complete set of cool wheels and a happy ending to this.

15. 5window

5window

:( Best of luck.

16. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It may be that they are stalling to get past the date when your option to dispute the charge expires. I think I would find out when that date is with your card.

17. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

File credit card dispute tomorrow. Period. You have waited long enough. No more unfulfilled promises. Get your money back.

18. Fordors

Fordors

Aren’t all CC’s the same? You have 60 days to dispute the charge after it shows up on your statement.

19. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

^*** well I’m screwed if that’s the case. I thought it was 90 days

20. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I got an email reply this morning from Rich saying “Sorry for the delay. they shipped from California yesterday”

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This may just be a coincidence, but I used the e-mail contact address on their website yesterday and sent them a link to this thread and asked them why they keep telling lies to a customer who has placed an order.

I asked if they cared at all about their reputation.
    Coincidence that you hear from him now ?

dirty old man and arkiehotrods like this.
  22. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Well let’s all hope that this was a temporary issue with a website and something else. I’m not sure why this happened but I love the look and quality of Radir wheels and slicks. I’m hoping they show up as promised and all will be well in the future. I have another car that I want to run them on too.
    If there is a manufacturing or distribution issue, hopefully they can just attend a lot of shows and sell them in person.

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That "something else" seemed to be more than a website issue, manufacturing problem or communication issues. It sure looks like flat out lies, stringing you along instead of just plain telling you your wheel order was never in stock or ready to ship.
    It's bullshit that an individual should have to constantly reach out to a supplier and practically beg to have something shipped that has already been paid for. This saga puts them on the 'do not patronize' list for a lot of folks reading this, probably to include in stock items at their booth. I'm sure even at that, people will vote with their feet and walk right by. Sad, because they have some cool stuff.
    You're sure more forgiving than most of us. You're already planning on buying another set from them. Did they provide you with a tracking # on your shipment?

arkiehotrods and Gasser 57 like this.
  24. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

No tracking. I’m trying to be cool because I don’t know what they are going through. Looks like it’s basically a one man show. Maybe the problem is something he doesn’t want to make public. I don’t know. I do know there should have been some sort of more accurate communication. I can’t excuse what has happened, but I am trying to be understanding of things I may not know about. Fortunately it’s wheels we are talking about and I am not waiting on him to show up with a liver transplant to save my life.
    That being said, I’m told they HAVE shipped. Fingers crossed. Let’s hope for the best.

25. 5window

5window

Fingers crossed. Even when you get your wheels ( :) ), I'd be cautious ordering again. If they're in trouble, the first thing they do is offer excuses, paying for their purchases with the next person's payment. The second thing they do is cut quality. It will be interesting to see what your wheels look like when they arrive.

26. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I wouldn’t order again unless it was to pick up and pay in person at a car show. Cash and carry is always the best option for everyone when possible

5window likes this.
  27. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

28. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Update. I got the wheels today! They are fully polished instead of the cast finish which is funny because I bought the other set for sale on the HAMB that were also fully polished. So neither set is exactly what I need but I’ll try blasting one set maybe. The point is, I DID get a set of wheels today.
    I owed y’all that update.

Wanted! Olds 394 Hurst motor mount and dual point distributor

town sedan likes this.
  29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad you got the wheels, but with all the problems you had with these folks, NO WAY would I do any business with these guys myself.

town sedan likes this.
  30. Were they not suppose to be polished? In one of your earlier posts you said they told you they were out for polishing. If they were not then that is absolutely pathetic customer service, wait 3 months for a product and then get the wrong stuff? WTF!