Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Moms & Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave Mc, May 12, 2019.

1. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

My mom would drag race guys with me and my little brother in the back seat. Light to light sticking us to the seat. If she thought that the guy was cute, she would allow him to win. She got a couple of dates those days. She was able to raise two boys on her own. My dad was nothing to speak of, decided not to keep with the family. He is long gone, and my mom is still going! Yay

I will ask her if she has a old photo, to send to me, to post here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

My wife's mother, back in Kentucky, early 1970's, the lovely Mona Mills. I am not sure what the car is, but it appears to be a 1960's vintage GM.

She is the best Mother-in-law ever!!! Screenshot_20190615-085525.jpeg

3. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Blurry photo...

She is currently traveling with my wife in Kansas. My wife, Mona, and my youngest boy, stopped in our OT family wagon to save a turtle from being squashed on the highway.

She loves to travel and goes with us everywhere. Mona and I traveled together a couple of years ago to Kansas from San Diego. We followed parts of route 66. We got out of the car and walked on parts of it that was closed off. We stayed at a couple of the hotels that are still around for the experience. I really enjoyed listening when she told me how she remembered a lot of it when she used to travel it back in the 1960's. I have the best Mother-in-law ever!!!

Still trying to get pictures of my mom... I hope that when my wife visits her today, something can be found.

-Jack H.

7793.jpeg

kiwijeff, Stogy and Deuces like this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

How cute! That turtle has a face only it's mother could love.... :):rolleyes::)

Stogy and classiccarjack like this.
  5. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

My wife and I saved 2 turtles back in May. Seems like all of this rain has displaced a lot of these little guys....

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  6. Deuces

Deuces

When I worked for Batton Performance in the early '90s, we had 6 baby snappers walk in through the side door of the building... So, we each grabbed one and took them home for a pet.. I had mine for about 5 years and had to turn it loose in a big pond in Dearborn... :)

Stogy and classiccarjack like this.
  7. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I wish that I could find a good set of Batton heads for my Mopar...

Deuces likes this.
  8. Deuces

Deuces

La, B/RB?????.....

9. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My mom, sister, grandmother and I about 1948. Don't know how to get pic right way though. IMG_0851.JPG

10. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Fixed it, cowpoke ! IMG_0851.JPG

Tim, Dave Mc, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  11. IMG_20180228_102950_418.jpg Mine is still with us, and is the best. Here's a couple of pics of the day I took her for a ride in the Hudson. I've hand drawn Mothers day cards for her, for over thirty years, every year.
    20180227_121303.jpg

12. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

LA... Wasn't aware that they were made for big blocks.

Deuces likes this.
  13. My grandparents were a big influence on me. I didn't come from a car family, found out (after he had passed) my grandfather was into customs in his youth. Sadly he passed before I was able to talk about cars with him, so I know very little about both of their youth. Both are gone now and I still miss them like crazy (1986 and 2000).

As far as I can tell I'm the only old car person in the entire family still.......always the odd duck :).

Here's my grandmother around the time they were dating or just married:
    bobbies car-9.JPG
    bobbies car-14.JPG

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    classiccarjack, Deuces, Tim and 2 others like this.