Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Don Montgomery - Celebration of Life

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sue Ellingson, May 25, 2019.

1. Sue Ellingson

Sue Ellingson
    from Reno, NV

Dad-Mom-Auburn-sm.jpg
    Photo - Don & Claire Montgomery. Not sure exactly when and where, but most likely sometime in the late 70s?

I know that many of you are not local, or not even in the USA, but if you are...

Please join us for the Celebration of Life of Don "Rockerhead" Montgomery.
    June 15th, 2019
    5:00-7:00 PM.

NHRA Museum
    1101 W McKinley Ave
    Pomona, CA 91768

This is Father's Day weekend, the same time that the L.A. Roadster Show is going on at the Pomona Fairplex. If you're in town for the roadster show, please join us if you can.

Thank you,
    Sue (Montgomery) Ellingson

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

When I was 12, I found an issue of Hop up with the Cord/GMC … I became a Don Montgomery follower that day. Every rodder should have known him. Years ago, I was lucky enough to win a bid on the auction site for a part he was selling, & will never let it go.
    Thank you for posting.
    RIP, Don

Stovebolt, Stogy and Sue Ellingson like this.
  3. missysdad1

missysdad1

Back in another place, another time, another life Don was very kind to me and encouraged me to pursue what became a life-long career and passion. It is my fondest desire that we both helped each other, but there is no doubt in my mind that I got the long end of the deal. He will be missed, not just for his person but also for his endless enthusiasm. It's hard to know how many budding rodders his books touched, or how many older rodders kept at it thanks to his perspectives. Thanks, Don. I keep your books close at hand with your warm and enthusiastic letters tucked inside, just where you put them. Take care, and I'll see ya' when I see ya'.

Old-Soul, Gasser 57, catdad49 and 5 others like this.
  4. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May his Spirit Live On...He certainly experienced and shared an incredible time...

Thanks for the Invitation. Thoughts are with you and the others for an Evening of Remembrance and Greatness.

Regards,
    Stogy

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Sue Ellingson likes this.
  6. I'll try and be there for a incredible Hot Rodder, and historian.

Sue Ellingson likes this.
  7. Sue Ellingson

Sue Ellingson
    from Reno, NV

Just a bump. The Celebration is today - I'd love to meet any of you if you're able to make it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Don belonged to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club when he had this Auburn phaeton. I had a Cord and did run into Don at ACD Meets, usually held at the Golden T Lodge in Northern California