Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Accessories on your vehicle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41rodderz, Jun 14, 2019.

1. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Okay I would like to see what you fellows have screwed on , bolted on or glued on for accessories on your rides. Interior or exterior but no posterior accessories :D Even accessories you want but do not have. Thanks

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

This is a local guys car. I believe every accessory known to mankind is on this. Beautiful 1937 Chevrolet. IMG_20190613_150122509.jpg IMG_20190613_150122509.jpg

dana barlow, deadbeat and BigO like this.
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

More. IMG_20190613_150122509.jpg IMG_20190613_150113912.jpg

BigO likes this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

8. Now THAT'S accessorizing!!:)

dana barlow likes this.
  9. Stooge

Stooge

Hnstray likes this.
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No that is crapping a car up with a bunch of frigging junk. Go though Rik's custom chronicles page by page of the old customs. No frigging stuck on junk on real customs or cruisers. No one even considered it until Lowrider magazine came out in the 70's and even then it was a real slow take.

Montana1 likes this.
  11. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Other than a radio, none what so ever

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my friend Ron did not like it when I referred to this picture as Ron's Pontiac. he has a bicycle with a bunch of doodads, no car.

Ron's Pontiac.jpg

chevy57dude likes this.
  13. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

needs curb feelers !

49ratfink likes this.
  14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

don't like my accessories? I hope you get over it soon. the steering wheel goes for anywhere from $400.00 up to $1,000 or more for NOS. full wheel covers were '49 only. I had skirts too but the wheels are 7" and they rubbed.

Copy of IMG_0099.JPG IMG_0044.JPG IMG_0054.JPG IMG_0049.JPG

deadbeat likes this.
  15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my buddy Ron has curb feelers on his bikeo_O

16. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

dana barlow likes this.
  17. Beats me, but that fucker is uuuugly!!

18. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

The one I posted, he said he takes it to every car show. He has to have a chunk of change in the dickey doo . Every piece is new repop or mint factory. The three things I would take are the windshield visor, cooler on top and the fishing pole. I guess he was going with a theme.:)

19. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Those hub caps are sweet.

dana barlow likes this.
  20. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I added a rear folding rack,made it so it locks on with only two big wingnuts, so I can remove when not needed. It's for my wife's wheelchair when she feels good enough to come along. I take it off mostly,but looks far folded up. Same as folding top I made,it also gets left in garage a lot if weather is nice..
    abetters1.jpg

chevy57dude and 41rodderz like this.
  21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

All I have left are the OEM wind wings, front & rear bar over riders and Eagle radiator emblem.
    Classic PU day.JPG
    These came with the tub however I had them powder coated before selling to a restorer.
    Rack2.jpg
    Tire bracket2.jpg

dana barlow and 41rodderz like this.
  22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

23. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Our history goes back to the days when our dad “allowed” our mom to drive his big Buick sedans. He got tired of having to ask me to clean off the white wall tires from the road scrapes and marks. At the time, it was a sponge and green Comet. Then if the marks were pretty thick, a mild Brillo Pad took care of business. Hey, I was a little kid with a job to do for my dad. Plus, I got paid, too.

ON THE CURB FEELERS:
    "My dad had me put on some curb feelers on his big Buick sedan. My mom was shredding up the white walls when parking by a curb. It worked, but then my mom started driving up the curb, just to make sure she was not sticking out into the street. Curb feelers or not. When she got her own car, my dad had me take those curb feelers off of his car, as it made noise all of the time.”

The curb feelers were something we saw at Pep Boys and my dad bought several sets, thinking my mom would beat the $#@# out of them. Boy, did she ever. There was something about depth perception and parking by the curb that did those whitewalls a number. We really can’t fault a small 5’2” older lady driving those huge Buick sedans with difficulties seeing over the hood and fenders. Despite how much practice she did with me standing on the curb directing, she just could not parallel park along a curb without murdering those whitewall tires. The curb got its share of smacks and dents, too.

When I put those curb feelers on the big Buick sedans, they gave a “screetchy” sound upon contact. That is how it is supposed to go while using them on parking maneuvers. But, she either did not hear them scrape or her perception driving that big Buick was off kilter. Those tires still got beat up after a day of driving. Curb vs tires, the curb wins, again…

Jnaki

My dad did not like them at all and when the whitewall tires kept getting scraped and marked, he gave up. He had me take those off of his big Buick sedans. So, back to the Brillo Pads.

60 years later on a vacation to Santa Barbara, we saw a cool Comet Station Wagon cruising the downtown main drag and then surprised us with an appearance at the same resort parking lot where we were staying. What luck…

“ The photo of the Comet Wagon is the same wagon I saw at the Kimpton Goodland Resort hotel in Goleta, CA. (just on the northern border of Santa Barbara.) It was so cool, that I had to take more photos in the parking lot of the resort. We were up there visiting relatives during the Thanksgiving week. We decided to do some relaxing things we used to do back in the 60s and updated 90s, in and around the Santa Barbara/Goleta area. (Old hotel, pier, State Street, UCSB, surf spots, coastal cruise, restaurants, etc.)
    upload_2019-6-17_4-8-57.png Ones that I saw in Goleta, CA back in 2017.
    We saw this wagon cruising down State Street. When it was pointed out that there could be a "cool old wagon" in the resort parking lot, I was totally surprised when it was in the same station wagon. I am sorry I did not get to meet the owner and his family. We were upstairs on the second floor...I think they were down by the pool level. When my wife says she likes a station wagon, it is very cool. Those knobs were pretty cool in themselves, but to be on the Comet Wagon was just a big plus.”

upload_2019-6-17_3-13-42.png
    https://www.numnob.com/about/

Jump up several years to 2019 and while walking through some very cool hot rods and cruisers at a mini car show, I spied these accessories on a grey 1950 Ford Coupe. It was the style that a lot of cruisers and hot rodders back in the late 50’s through the late 60’s had on their cars. They were on a lot of family cars and wagons, too. So, we weren’t the only family that had a whitewall eating, curb problem with all sorts of drivers from newbies to older ladies.

Speaking with the other sightseers, my wife’s sister saw those and said she used to hear those scraping sounds all of the time on the family cars when she was driving. It must be something about smaller stature women and chrome curb feelers… what??? Ha ha…
    upload_2019-6-17_3-15-0.png

upload_2019-6-17_3-15-18.png curb feelers as posted by @rudestude

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  24. I got nothing on mine save for some Wounded Warrior magnets and NIXON NOW bumper sticker.

25. One small moon eyes sticker that my dad gave me on the right quarter glass....
    Chappy
    20190617_085727.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  26. Gman0046

Gman0046

I'd rather put a stick in my eye rather then add any JC Whitney bolt on crap to my cars. Hot rodding to me has always been to make a car go faster. Adding bling trinkets is ass.

27. 3speedoverdrive

3speedoverdrive

Front grille guard and rear view mirrors, that's about it on my Packard.
    nomner1.jpg

mgtstumpy likes this.
  28. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho