Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bob K charity auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat47, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Members seem to be missing the charity auction offer by PBR as the first message on the Board. Take a look, step up, remember Bob with a bid. Closes on Monday.
    Thanks for looking and helping.

Max Gearhead and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Thanks for the reminder.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The last item which is an oak bookcase ends at 11:27 Pacific time tonight. Most of the Rodders Journals and other magazines go in the next hour.
    I ended up with winning bids on 4 items including the HAMB key rack. Now to worry about getting things shipped but at last it won't be a real big or heavy box.

Stogy likes this.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_3747.JPG A rather beat up box showed up in the mail today. My mailman was a bit worried as one end was pretty loose but all contents were there including the Hamb key holder, a pair of ?? tail lights, a pair of 52/54 Ford headlight rings in perfect condition, two of Bobs Alliance tags and the rustiest 49/52 Chevy license plate guard in existence that will serve as the fit it to the 49 Plymouth bumper trial and error piece. My contribution to the kitty wasn't all that big but I am happy that I did it.

Jay71 and Stogy like this.
  5. Squablow

Squablow

I think this thread was originally about a different auction, when BobK was still around, but glad to see other HAMBers got in on the bidding action, it sure seemed like a lot of good deals in the auction, and I got as much as I possibly could. Packed a borrowed Ford Transit van front to back and top to bottom, plus Mr Cheater let me fill up his truck with the excess. Lots of custom car goodies for years to come, and some resale junk too.

BTW, Mr48Chev, I believe those tail lights are 56 Chevy car outer bezels with Lee lenses installed into them. A really good looking setup, although it requires relocating the gas filler on a stock '56.

Also, those headlight rings are 1953 only I believe. The '54 ones are die cast bezels with shallower inner rings, and the '52 uses the same steel outer but the inner rings were chromed instead of stainless. The '53 ones are the best ones to use for frenching IMO.

Hamtown Al and Stogy like this.