Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bubba news .........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Jun 12, 2019.

1. town sedan

town sedan

This side of the grass is always better than that side of the grass.
    Stay strong and don't let the bastard win.
    We've never met, but I and I'm sure many others here consider you a friend.
    -Dave

tierod, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

glad to hear from you, keep us posted on how things are going - one day at a time - do something special that you have been putting off - spoil yourself a bit

3. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

So sorry to hear of your bad health there Bubba, and you too @56sedandelivery. Here's wishing you both the very best, hoping your Dr's are the best you can get, and that you get back in the groove soon.

4. dave plmley

dave plmley

hang in there Brother and I hope you get back to your old self soon

5. reagen

reagen

6. Bubba, glad your getting the help you need.. Pay attention to what they say,,, each day is a gift, as tomorrow is not promised.. Hope to get to visit soon...

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  7. town sedan

town sedan

I apologize, but feel the need to interject here...
    Speaking as one of the younger grey beards what's happened to Bubba and others is becoming too common. Life has a way of doing that.
    About two years after my father retired he suffered a series of strokes. He recovered, but was never the same. The strokes left him aged, maybe 10 or 20 years, more than his real age.
    Now to my point. After his recovery he told me something that I've held with me and tried to learn from.

"... it just isn't fair. I work all my life, played by the rules and did everything that was required of me with the promise that I'd be able to enjoy all those things I've put off doing when I retired. Now I can't do any of the things I wanted to do."

We all have responsibilities we must live up to, but I've tried to learn from my father's words. So if there is something you really want, if there's anyway you can, don't wait to do it.
    Jim be strong and enjoy the "extra" time you've been given.
    -Dave

8. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

One of dad's friends from WW2 told me "Getting old isn't for Pussies!" Man, is that the truth! Hang in there!!

Stogy, chryslerfan55, Blues4U and 3 others like this.
  9. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

So glad to hear your getting better Jim. Have you noticed since we are getting older we never know what life is going to bring us:rolleyes::rolleyes: I hate it but I guess we just have to deal with it. I miss our Indy days.

10. oj

oj

Good to hear from you Jim, getting old is a mutherfuker to be sure. Take some consolation in the fact that irregardless of how old you get your talent & knowledge is in demand. An old bookkeeper can retire and not be missed, but you, my friend, can take some little comfort knowing how much we appreciate your expertise.
    Thank you.

11. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Best Wishes Jim. You didn't ask for this so lets get on with life in a modified form. Prayers and Thoughts for you and Family.
    These different illness wear on us. You have your friends with you.

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take care of yourself, first, Jim. Nothing else matters.

Recovery takes time, and requires patience. I know. I earned my nickname.

Don't be hard on yourself, or feel pressured by others. Listen to your doctors.

13. 32Stoker

32Stoker

tierod and loudbang like this.
  14. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

You don't have to succumb to dialysis.... Including myself ( my kidneys were at 8% when I was in the ICU 5 years ago) today they are at 54%. I changed my whole diet and lifestyle. ) I have helped others recover. In this book that was printed over a decade ago, thousands got OFF dialysis and returned to a normal life. Just somethign to think about. I told my Nephrologist I wasn't going to settle for dialysis....that's the easy answer doctors have for kidney failure. Be proactive.!

https://www.amazon.com/Coping-Kidne...=kidney+disease&qid=1560490321&s=books&sr=1-5

15. loudbang

loudbang

Now would be a good time to pick one of your "Helpers" let them work on stuff and pass on your extensive knowledge to them while you "supervise". Be a shame to loose all your valuable talent. :)

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to see that you are home and able to get around some. You had us worried there.

loudbang and tierod like this.
  17. The best currency is friendship.

You are a very rich man Jim.

Relax ...

You have more than earned time off for good behavior.

Jim

18. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Bubba, prayers and good wishes to you and all the HAMB gang that are suffering the effects of being older. I am in that contingent, 76 and learning to live with asbestos driven COPD. I have to have my grandsons do the wrenching on the '40 for me, but maybe that is His plan. To TownSedan, those words are so true, I was dealt the role of caregiver to my wife who has dementia over 10 years and still spend every day with her in the nursing home. So many things I wished I had done but now will never happen.

6inarow, Stogy, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  19. Glad you are home, shop time is therapy!

20. Bubba, glad you are still with us and your attitude will help you with this. Just laid my Brother to rest last week at 63 years old and people wonder why I retired at 55. Tomorrow is never promised and live everyday. Wishing you the best in your continued recovery and hang tough.

loudbang, tierod and town sedan like this.
  21. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Ok Terry just left the house with the unopened boxes i recieved when in hosipital...........

PHASE ONE !!!

1-I have a few unopened boxes and orders that i recieved while in hospital, those will be returned to sender . (sorry maybe later )

Phase two is to get back to shop next week and start lining up the unassembled units etc and get them shipped ............................No new orders taken until i figure this out health wise........

Stogy, olscrounger, belair and 10 others like this.
  22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

you are the most important person to take care of right now - the others will figure things out for themselves -

Stogy, olscrounger, belair and 5 others like this.
  23. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

I was just thinking about looking you up again to do my dist for '56 Lyman. Sorry to hear you are down, but glad you are doing well. Keep at it and we'll say a prayer for you.

24. cpldale

cpldale
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Naples, FL

Take care of yourself Jim. My prayers are with you.

tierod, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  25. Glad you are still with us!

tierod and Stogy like this.
  26. pumpman

pumpman

Hang in there Bubba, you have a guys pulling for you.

tierod, Stogy and sidevalve8ba like this.
  27. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

tierod and Stogy like this.
  28. Butch, have I got a story for you!
    First to wish GMC Bubba well one day at a time. Don't give up on your hobby, just do what you can and leave the rest.
    Now the story. A childhood hotrodder friend went to his regular morning coffee meeting with the local car club, and the next thing he remembered, he was in the hospital in Prince George, an approximate 6 hour drive from his home in Kamloops. He was told that he was found face down on the side of the highway, with the door his truck open and the truck still running. He was told that the signalling to his heart had gone completely haywire, and this resulted in an erratic heartbeat. He was then flown from PG to Vancouver, where they installed a defibrillator/pacemaker, and two days later, he was back home, as if nothing had ever happened..
    The doctor stated that he was an incredibly lucky guy to be alive at all, and that it was the signalling to the heart that caused him to do all the crazy stuff that had transpired. He has had the device for over five years now, and there have been no further events.
    It seems that we need a combination of luck, genetics, and determination, to survive. Whatever works, we need to keep enjoying everyday of our lives.
    Bob

6inarow, loudbang, tierod and 2 others like this.
  29. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

48fordnut, tierod and chryslerfan55 like this.