Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Where is it now? Austin Speed Shop '49 Cadillac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Where is it now? Austin Speed Shop '49 Cadillac

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Although mechanically this car was a bit confused, the fabrication work was incredible... and I always adored the lines. Guessing Jesse wasn't involved with the chop as it's perfect to my eyes.

No idea what ever became of it. I remember there was a lawsuit or something around it (not involving the Speed Shop), but I could be wrong. Chris Andrews is a great guy... and man, he has good taste.

3. For as much work that into it, I'm surprised I've never seen or heard of it. Though I'm sure I'm sure we'd all choose to change a few things, overall it looks to be a classy and refined build. Other than glass it looks as though it was being driven or at least that was the direction it was headed to. I always find it interesting that a car with this much work put into it can just kinda disappear and be forgotten about. In that case it kinda reminds of another Texas based car, the 1949 Chevy Fleetline built by Brian Bass, that still remains, as far as I know unfinished and in storage. 290543984.jpg

4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Good price, for the seller, but I am sure it will take another $85,000 to finish it, in style.

bobss396 likes this.

5. $82k may be a bargain considering the hours of work that went into it. Gotta be 1/2 that in parts and supplies alone.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. sololobo

sololobo

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Sure is a sharp looking car. A shame if its not finshed, or being finished

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think about that one a lot as well... Lost Texas Custom.

9. The ASS Caddy is cool, in a 21st century way, but that Bass Chevy has timeless style. I wondered what happened to it. I'd love to see it finished.

10. belair

belair

smooooth. And Bass car is just right.

11. Ha!

12. Whatever happened to Jesse James? He was this weird 'personality' for a few years, then dropped off the map (thankfully).

13. Is he still married to Alexis DeJoria? If so he probably doesn't need to be a "personality" anymore.

Mick

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

You'll have your answer soon enough. :D

15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't like the grille. Even plated it seems to make it look like the project ran out of steam design wise. I don't know what I'd do different, maybe a series of floating bars with more nose to them, maybe something akin to a 53, for that matter maybe even a 47 with 1/2 of the vertical bars gone. Kool car though, and it gives kustoms hope in the marketplace at that figure.

Oh yeah, no idea where it is but I might know someone who can tell me;)

straykatkustoms likes this.
  16. davidh73750

davidh73750

Seems like it was over the price of the build. It was over 200K or something.

17. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

It is my understanding that the gentleman who originally commissioned Brian to do this car knows where it is and has tried to buy it back but it is not for sale.

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, I think the car started at West Coast Choppers and then moved with the lawsuit to Austin Speed Shop? I don't remember exactly... I just remember there was drama.

Yeah, the guy that owns it is a super nice guy. Last I heard, he had plans... but the car is actually not nearly as far along as it looks in pics.

I think both of these cars are examples of high dollar builds that went wrong due to mismanaged expectations or varying degrees.

kidcampbell71 likes this.