Register now to get rid of these ads!

KKOA pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatabone, Jun 10, 2006.

1. fatabone

fatabone

Went to check out the KKOA show today. Not as full as usual and the swap meet is shrinking but still a cool show.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      57.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      51.8 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      54.1 KB
      Views:
  2. fatabone

fatabone

A couple more

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      66.1 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      58.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      60.8 KB
      Views:
  3. fatabone

fatabone

Can you pick out the traditional rod?

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      57.5 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      76.4 KB
      Views:
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      82.9 KB
      Views:
  4. fatabone

fatabone

This is it.

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      59.5 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      57.2 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      59.9 KB
      Views:

5. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Keep them coming!

6. Tony

Tony

Man that '58 is KILLER!!!

It's amazing what stance will do for a pretty stock looking ride..:D

Nice pics, thanks!

7. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks for the pics fatabone...anyone have any more?????
    LSM

8. fatabone

fatabone

I gots no mo. I mean it this time.

Attached Files:

• 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      54.2 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      48.9 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      55.9 KB
      Views:
    • 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      53.7 KB
      Views:
    • 24.jpg
      24.jpg
      File size:
      77.2 KB
      Views:
  9. i didn't get to the show...i stayed up too late.

thanks for the pics.

tok

10. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

KKOA is starting a west coast show in Solvang CA. Last year was the first one. This year it is going to be October 13-14..We went last year and made the cover of their Jan/FEB mag. It was actually a pretty good show for a first show...EVILT

11. Keith English

Keith English

You would happen to know how or where I could get some pics from the Fort Smith Ark KKOA show from early this year would ya?????

12. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks again fatabone, I knew you were holding out!
    A bunch of my local buddies make the trip every year, the first pic of that blue Vicky is one of them. I'm hoping to make it to the show with them one of these years, maybe when the '37 is rolling.

Anyone else have some pics they can share?????

13. noboD

noboD

Thanks for the pics Fatabone. I missed the show this year, but had hoped someone would post good pics. I really like that flamed '54, think it's cool with the six.

14. Chad s

Chad s

I took about 70+ pics. I have to upload them to my fotki site tonight. I'll post a link once Im done.

15. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

We guessed it was down 60%. That 42 Chevy was really cool! This car might cause a run on 40s GM coupes.:D

16. fatabone

fatabone

Tommy that Chevy was one of my favorites of the show. I was only there for about two hours Saturday afternoon and thought I missed about 60% of the cars. Hopefully they'll get a better turn out next year.

Chad get those pictures up!

17. Ron

Ron

Thanks, nice pix. I like that 42 also and that white 53/54 Chev in the first group with it looks very nice also.

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

This show goes back at least 30 years when there were just a few trying to keep customs alive. I sure hope it's the 3 dollar gas that has knocked down the attendance of every show I've attended this year. I hope the overhead costs to put one of these shows on doesn't kill them. I'm starting to worry.

19. Chad s

Chad s

20. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

My stuff is all on film (how 20th century) - I'l post in a few days.

21. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

it was a nice show this year, but not a great turnout, but there were quality cars...had a killer time this weekend.

22. haring

haring

As I posted in another thread, I went to the show on Sunday morning (about 10am) and only found about 20 cars on the show field. We were really disappointed.

Thanks for the photos. I saw a few of those cars, but most were not there on Sunday. Lots of cold rides in the photos there.

I'm sorry that I missed some of you guys as well. I said hi to Tommy Timebomb ('52? Chevy) but didn't see anyone else I knew.

I will definitely plan to hit the show on Saturday next time.

23. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I was there on Fri. and Sat. It was fun seeing all my old friends, but the number of cars was disappointing! Blaine, who puts on the show, was very concerned about it. I think the weather, and high cost of gas is to blame, so hopefully next year it will be different.
    Anyway, I did see Gary Minor, from CA. and Donn Lowe (great metal man from Oregon) there, so the show still attracts some big names, as well as the nicest customs in the area. Says 'something' about the show. Richard Glymph, Posie, made appearances as well.
    The Street Aces from NJ were there....glad to see some young blood among the GEEZERS. I talked to Bob (ChopMerc) and said hello to Chris, but didn't know any of the rest of you. You don't know how much this pleases most of the KKOA officials, I hope you all felt welcome! We hope you will attend again next year, we may be offering a 'club discount' for clubs that bring 10 or more members.
    Didn't make it there with my 'new custom', but I had to go anyway. I thought that grey 42 Chevy was the nicest car there!

24. Slide

Slide

My dad did the chop on that car a while back. He's told me about it, but I'd still like to see it in-person someday! I'm starting to gain an affection for gloss gray lately... :eek:...

25. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

ChopOlds is correct, We had a good meeting about the show & what we can do to increase attendance. I don't think just weather & gas prices are keeping the attendance down. There are alot of things. There are alot of car shows now than there were a few years ago. People can only afford to go to so many. With Goodguys, the jalopyshowdown, Ocean City & Nats East just a few weeks before. That has to hurt some also. A few things brought up to bring up attendance next year were,

Discount for clubs bringing 10+ cars
    Maybe a one day pass (which I know alot of you guys want)
    Live band on Friday, and several all day Saturday. And yes some Rockabilly bands!
    Do some Hamb auctions for Event entry with a shirt.
    The KKOA knows it needs to do some changing to keep up with the changing times. All of the KKOA officials at the meeting seemed that they want to do the changes to bring more cars back to this and thier other great KKOA events. This includes welcoming Traditional Rods & Customs from the HAMB.
    If you guys have other suggestions, post them. The KKOA is listening! Thanks,Scott

26. Chad s

Chad s

I really think that the one day pass thing is important. $15 a day/$40 for the weekend makes much more sence for those that only intend to come one day. Judjing by the number of cars in the parking lot, that should have been on the main field, a lot of people didnt want to pay $38 just to put their car in the show for the day.

It was my first year attending, and I loved it. The swap meet, even though some say it was down, had a few things I couldnt find at Carlisle no matter how much I looked. I saw at least 3 pairs of 53 buick trim for sale. Not stuff you can just go grab anywhere.

27. fatabone

fatabone

Scott...If you could find a way to fill that circle in the swap meet that would be great. There is always a wide variety of treasures to be found there. The club discounts and a single day rate would be nice also. I know a few people who only come Saturday night to see the band. The DJ is great but with that stage some bands would be nice during the day and give people something to do besides fall asleep behind thier car. There were a couple people I'd have liked to talk to but they were asleep. Maybe the foods to good or the beer was to cold.:D

No matter what happens I'll be there next year. The show is to close and has cool cars with people not afraid to spred some knowledge.

Jr.

28. Tony

Tony

Junior, i stopped in a local cruise night to grab a bite to eat with a buddy of mine tonight and ran into a friend who mentioned you guy's..
    Mike, the kat that you guy's met at the KKOA show sat down and was bull shittin with us..
    He was tellin' me he thought you guy's were good people and was really diggin' your rides..

he told me you guy's had mentioned the showdown..i asked him if you told him about Fatty Patty.....
    He about fell out of the chair when i told him it was a blow up doll.....and your date for the night....:D:D:D
    Good time's man! Haha

Tony

29. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

I agree with you guys and hopefully things will change for the better. I started going to this show 20 years ago and have never missed one since. April & I even scheduled our wedding around this date so we could go to the show. Our first date I took her on a Sunday 14 years ago. I had to let her know what she was in for from the start. If Sunday does not improve that might go away. With this show doing 800 cars only several years ago it is sad to see the decline. I agree Jr. We need more swap meet vendors. We build our cars from these things. The only thing I bought this year was a NOS Cal Custom air cleaner like my dad had on his Ford truck back in the 60s. One of the things he hated to see go when he sold his truck. So I was happy to find it for him. The park is a beautiful spot for a show. It started going down hill after the two years of heavy rains that made the show field unusable. Mud is great at Larrys show but it really hurt this show. Hopefully this year was the low and it will bounce back. Thanks, Scott

30. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Finally got my photos back from the processor.
    Here they are!

Attached Files:

• k1.jpg
      k1.jpg
      File size:
      79.6 KB
      Views:
    • k2.jpg
      k2.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views: