Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Thunderado

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Mar 28, 2018.

1. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The added information from Dana is most helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.
  2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Thanks gsnort.
    Been a little time,from me checking in,still would love to know were this cool custom went?? I been keeping my eye open,but have not got any leads,to check out at all. Likely not in south Florida any more.

54delray and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems like it would be a well-known car, wherever it is. Hope it pops up.

4. I know you asked this 4 years ago but were you thinking of Murray Pfaff's Imperial? Murray built it not Foose.
    222502_428491070533548_1994808755_n.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’ve slept since then but probably lol

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.
  6. brando1956

brando1956

Great history Dana. I really enjoy reading about history like this from the guys who were there making shit happen.

7. Ken Gordon

Ken Gordon

Thank you, Dana, for all of the your personal insight on the Thunderado/Spook. I have been looking for this car myself for about four years. Clark was my grandfather, but he passed away before I had a chance to know him. I would love to hear any other details you could share about the car or Clark.

8. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

"Thank you, Dana, for all of your personal insight on the Thunderado/Spook. I have been looking for this car myself for about four years. Clark was my grandfather, but he passed away before I had a chance to know him. I would love to hear any other details you could share about the car or Clark" [/QUOTE]

My take on your Grandfather Clark; ,as I remember him,he was a kind man. Impressive, Swave,Dapper cool guy,* I always thought.dressed well no matter what was going on..
    Ran his Rent-A-Car place well.
    As a teen,I worked part time for George,clean up,sanding,extra stuff of what ever was needed.
    Clark lived for a time in a cool apartment he made on the top floor of the big rent-a-car building, all most 3 storys high,the rent/sales /room office was at street level out front,but the floor behind that was about 5 foot higher then ground level and 2 ramps going to that. That floor was used to store the best cars in side,and the back part was waxing an clean up ,witth the very back part being part of body shop with door out to big carport cover on back of building. Also had a ramp in side,so he could drive his own car,up to top floor ,n park out side the apartment even. Part of top floor was also stoage of cars,only the older rent cars were stored in out side lot. In the very back of the big lot ,with a block wall around it[ 6 foot high n about 1/4 acre in size so was not eye sore from out front} was stored wrecked n broken down cars,for parts and some to go to auction. Clark,gave me one of the older cars from in side that stoage wall ,to make in to race car for Hialeah Speedway{ near by oval track.}

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    Jrs50, 54delray, Ken Gordon and 3 others like this.