Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bubba news .........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Jun 12, 2019.

1. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Been a long couple months for me and just now getting home and kinda dialed in.
    Early April ( my 70th birthday) i was put in hospital with Eosinophilic Pneumonia, after a couple trips to and from hospital kidney numbers showed stage four kidney failure.
    Seems my oil pump is fine but the fuel pump and filter has quit. ( Maybe Charlie could help me here?)
    Just finished my 6th dialysis treatment yesterday and looks like i will have one every other day for ever . Pretty happy just to be here discussing this :D

Havent been to the shop since i got home (thats on my thursday plan after treatment) but heres my plan of attack.......

1-I have a few unopened boxes and orders that i recieved while in hospital, those will be returned to sender . (sorry maybe later )

2-All other orders in shop have now been processed , cleaned and ready to reassemble by Terry my part time guy . Those will be completed in due time as my health allows , but my goal is to get them all done !!!

3-I will try my very best to respond to any questions as time goes on......

Oh and here is my latest hot rod on order .......maybe lower just a bit ass some stripes ??? Who knows ....https://www.hmemedicalshop.com/red-nitro-rollator-by-drive-medical-rtl10266.html

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'm glad you're ok and caught this before it was too late.

3. Dialysis is a rough row to hoe but it will keep you alive, I have a friend that has been on it for several years due to a stroke and he is doing fine.

Hang tuff my friend HRP

4. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Jim you get better and keep the faith

6inarow, tierod, Deuces and 2 others like this.

5. Hugh Jones

Hugh Jones
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to here you’re back home and wish you a speedy recovery..

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6inarow, tierod, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  6. hotrod37

hotrod37
    from Indiana

Jim, glad you are feeling better. The alternative wouldn't be so good. Hope you can get back on your feet or back in the saddle at least (driving). Carlos in Greenwood had to have a stint. He was lucky.
    Never know what the next day will bring.
    Good luck and hang in there!

tierod, Deuces, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  7. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

Best wishes Jim from your old FI guy Art in Mn. You are first class.

6inarow, tierod, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  8. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

God bless,wishing you some much fun time between the other stuff.

9. williebill

williebill

Glad you're doing better. Don't get rid of your tools, you'll need them to keep your rollator running. Cheaper versions come into my bike shop for repair, and their brake levers are hated by us like nothing else.
    Thanks for the update, good luck to you.

tierod, Deuces, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  10. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Red Nitro Rollator! Sounds to me like it needs FLAMES:). Seriously, I'm glad you're still with us. I have some idea of what you're experiencing as my wife is borderline stage 3-4. Take care and don't sweat the small stuff.

11. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Glad you are back and on the possible mend! Keep the faith! Gary:):)

tierod, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  12. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Funny how it seems like age 70 is the magic number , a year+ ago 2 wks before my 70th birthday , wife carted my ass to the hospital carrying 30 lbs of water weight and unable to breath , diagnosis was congestive heart failure with COPD, now I have to be careful what I eat and be strapped to oxygen 24/7 , hang in there , you'll adapt ..

OLDSMAN, j-jock, tierod and 3 others like this.
  13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Every day is a gift, even if it means putting up with the things that make it possible. I write this from my hospital bed, recovering from a heart attack (my third) Monday evening. You're in my prayers, Jim, that you feel good and have the strength and energy to do the things you enjoy. God bless you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

May the Good Lord above watch over both you and Arkie.

15. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Here's to you, Bubba:)
    3711270-475e4a0d7d5426bd7f9de5bc8c733adf.gif

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Life is to Cherish and many times it ain't easy...positive and healing thoughts your way @GMC BUBBA for better days moving forward...

17. Prayers for you, Jim! (you too, Duncan!)
    Praying for recovery, strength, and wisdom to avoid doing the things that you need to get done but aren't recovered enough to do without making things worse. (We're guys...nuff said)

18. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Glad you're home and feeling better. Thanks for all you contribute to the hobby and to this board! Take care of yourself, and may God bless you.

19. Glad you're home and on the road to recovery.

20. 32TPIBOWTIE

32TPIBOWTIE

Jim, I'm glad you're home and were able to get on dialysis. We're praying for you up here in the Fort.

21. Glad your back and feeling better. My buddy went through something similar over ten years ago. He is doing well and enjoying retirement.

22. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to hear your doing better!

23. silent rick

silent rick

stay strong jim

24. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

Glad you're back home!

tierod, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  25. Great to know you're back on your feet Jim; my sister is on the short list for kidney replacement (she has Lupus)- hang in there!!!

26. gene-koning

gene-koning

Its good that you made it through the crisis, but you now have a new lifestyle you will be living. It will be much different then what the old life style was, and unfortunately, most of the guys here won't understand that at all. The process of learning your current lifestyle is all new to you now, but time will reveal what things have to change and what things you can still do. Its the time in your life when you pick your life priorities all over again, from an entirely different perspective.
    Make those choices with a clear heart and mind, do what you need to do, and let the other stuff go.
    You will still have friends here that will support you when things are tough. Gene

j-jock, tierod, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  27. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'm glad you're doing better Jim. Keep up the good fight.

tierod, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  28. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Like I've heard tell before, "GETTING OLD IS'T FOR WIMPS"! I just spent 8 days in the hospital myself, and wound up there because of Supra-Ventricular-Tachycardia; a pulse rate of 170 to 180 beats per minute in my case, although one of the Drs. said I was hitting 200 a few times. Great if that is MPH, not so much with a heart rate however; I kept "passing out", imagine that, and when they woke me up after being intubated, on a respirator for 3 days, paralyzed/sedated with Propofol (that's the stuff that killed Michael Jackson), I'd "lost" several days, not even knowing anything that lead up to it, then to wake up in the hospital, and have it feel like you're in a soap opera, well, it's just an awfully a strange feeling. Now I'm wearing a heart monitor for 2 weeks starting this past Monday. Plus, with everything else, when they intubated me, they knocked a cap off and did't save it (seriously???); so, to the dentist tomorrow! Keep getting better there Mr. Jim Bubba; we've all got much too much stuff to do. Is there any probability of at home dialysis or a kidney transplant? Here's to your Drs. being as good at their "trade", as you are to yours. We're ALL pulling and praying for you Jim! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

j-jock, tierod, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  29. Thank you, Lord!
    Glad to hear you made it through.
    Hoping for a full recovery.
    I promise to not whine any more about my comparatively minor problems.

30. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Nice new ride but maybe you should have worked your way up to the Nitro !

tierod, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.