Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical "Detail Spray"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tubman, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. gene-koning

gene-koning

I wash the coupe when the white doesn't look very white anymore. Then I dry it off with an old bath towel I stole from my wife. I try to put some wax on it once a year. I built it to drive, not wash and wax. Gene

WB69 likes this.
  3. jnaki

jnaki

Hey G,

Your Pontiac is one cool car. Well, before I threw away the original size duster, I used it on the wheels. But, they just swirled the brake dust around. The little tiny duster was much better in actually taking the dust off of the wheels. It was a newer gift from years ago. The most recent usage was in 2000-2004 on two factory black, painted cars. The black was nice from the factory, but Colonite Wax made them much better, almost as good as my old 1958 black Impala.

During those early days, the dust was hosed off in a fast wash/dry mode. Teenagers had the time and energy needed to showcase their cars, always. When we had two black cars from 2000-2004, they never got dirty over three days before the drive way wash took over. My neighbors thought I was a fanatic. But, the black paint needed to be clean. After a day in the garage, I used a new California Duster and the paint was ok. After several months, the duster got loaded up and started the swirl patterns. So, they were used elsewhere as noted above.

What is the best way to avoid the swirls? and keep the car clean? The previously mentioned spray detailers from the different manufacturer usually does the trick. It is a mini wash and the liquid soaks the dust, so your clean cloth absorbs everything for a nice clean surface without swirls. We spend our free time walking past the cars in the garage. If the light shows a layer of dust, the top surfaces, hood, trunk, and roof get the detail spray cleaning. The lowers don't show as much dust. It takes a few minutes of spray and wipe to get the cars clean.

Jnaki

I am the car (caretaker) upkeep person, but the spray detailer is handy enough for my wife to get out there and spray off some of the bird crap/tree droppings. When she notices it or I gently mention or ask what is that stuff on the hood, it works...Ha... The paint looks good, we are happy and the detailing gallon of stuff lasts forever. These days of California water shortages, the detailing spray fits right into the whole pleasant scene. It is politically correct if that is important.

The spray detailers are great for just about any surfaces. It is a true spray and wash with the added benefit of a small amount of wax. When we owned a sailboat, the marina suggested to all owners to cut down the water usage. So, at first, it was a bucket of water and a wet mop. Then they were replaced with the spray and wash detailers and the water usage dropped significantly. It was the same at home with the weekly spray and wash detailing. It is almost a true water-less cleaning of the valuable daily drivers.

4. Country Joe

Country Joe

Next time I wash my car will be the first time.

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I totally agree. Mine are "drivers".