Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Vancouver Island to California

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by marcshall, Jun 11, 2019.

1. marcshall

marcshall

next Tuesday the 18th we will be heading south leaving Vancouver Island to Port Angeles, WA. to Tacoma then Interstate 5 to Mount Shasta then Hwy 89 all the way to Truckee to interstate 80 then west to auburn then east to Foresthill California about a 1000 miles in my 29 ford it should be an experience .give me 2 honks if you see us

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

You should be OK , I don't think they're checking for immigrants coming from Canada to California. :D

4. Got a top? Gonna be a hot one,and good safe trip.

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Watch for deer on Hwy 89.

6. That should make for an epic trip. Do you plan on making a loop out of it and driving your Model A back to Vancouver Island?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Stay safe John.

8. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve driven 89 from I5 to 44 going to Susansville (then to Reno for the air races) many time. Even given you’re from V Island, you'll see some of the most beautiful and different county you could hope for. The comment about the deer is serious. I saw so many dead in the mornings I never drove it at night. There’s several lookout and view points that are worth the stop. Safe travel.

9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you are cruising through Portland Wednesday evening, our weekly cruise in at Portland international raceway starts around 4:00. Right off I-5. 1000 cars easy.

1946caddy likes this.
  10. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the early '70's I was stationed just south of Susanville and my deer experience was on 395 going back to post at night. My '63 carryall didn't have a scratch but I can't say as much for the deer.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like an interesting trip. The down I 5 to 89 and across to Reno used to be the climb in the car and go to beat hell for some of my friends who went down to gamble and party back about 40 years ago.

12. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Have fun. Very cool hot rod!

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Sounds like a fun trip. Post your adventures if you can.

14. JulianRTW

JulianRTW

I got your point and understand why you don't like parties, but what so bad about gambling? You know what they say, we all are players in this life, and we all do bet on some things, every single day. When I need to get rid of stress, I usually spend some time playing online slots that are very similar to real las vegas slots. And yep, of course you can lose some money, but also you can win. That's all depends on your personal feelings and mental state.

15. JulianRTW

JulianRTW

Have a nice trip!

16. An adventure sure to never forget..good luck, enjoy.

17. Don't forget the pictures. Have a great trip.

18. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Be careful where you park it. I want to see yours ride at Deuce Days...

19. marcshall

marcshall

thanks guys ya no top and it will get hot. and yes it is a round trip ,Portland wow that would be great I don't know thou, but maybe, I know there's a best western just across I-5 a thousand cars yeh. this will be a trip

El Hueso likes this.
  20. jnaki

jnaki

Hey M,
    Since you live on/near coastal waters, you might as well see the best forests and road trips in Northern California. That area near Auburn/Foresthill is a nice area. We had several photo shoots in nearby Grass Valley and another at Placerville. Those were two nice road trips for us, going up and down the whole western states over the years.

The most recent trip in 2013 was down from Vancouver to Portland to Bend, Oregon and (97/31) on Highway 395 down to Lake Tahoe. It is one of the nicest big lakes in the western states. We had been there in the early 60s, 70s and in 2013. Things have changed, but have remained the same aura of South Lake Tahoe.

If you decide to take this trip through South Lake Tahoe up 395,etc. going North, it will probably add in another 600+ miles. But, it is a nice and different 600 miles.

Jnaki

So, on your way back to Vancouver, this route might give you a different perspective of California. As nice a coastal drive along the water’s edge back through California, Oregon, and Washington was/is, the inland forested areas give a look to add to the California mystique. We have done the coastal trip up to Vancouver and also on another road trip, back down the coastal areas from Seattle. Those trips never get old. Have fun on your trip.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  21. studebaker46

studebaker46

a man after my own heart. Hot rods were made to be driven be safe and enjoy the journey, you will love your car even more after the trip. HAVE FUN Tom

22. They should, we’re “Bad Hombre’s”

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you make the LAR show on Fathers Day???----We registered about 400 open cars, some from B.C.

24. Latigo

Latigo

Hope to see some progress reports.