Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I am done with Sunday's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pats55, Jun 11, 2019.

1. That’s a start.
    Most stress is internal.
    It reveals itself from external triggers

Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Be more like Oddball

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Chavezk21, Bechtel 56, egads and 5 others like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

no easy answers to any of it - people live in their own little world & they are #1 there and no one else matters - not a new phenomenon - look at the many wrecks in thread here "Vintage shots of days gone by"- yep, sure makes it hard to just enjoy the ride - speaking of peaceful country roads - friend cruising peacefully along and a deer ran out in front of him with no time to stop - major damage to his old truck - and I guess roadkill dinner for someone else - be careful out there

loudbang and Deuces like this.
  3. I knew of a guy way, way, way back that tossed a length of 4 x 4 out in the street when someone was doing that.. Pretty much stopped that crap on the spot. :)

4. Serenity now, serenity now!.................. 6a00d83452cd1869e201539198016c970b-800wi.jpg 9587146364_e5f2551c8a_z.jpg

ZZ Top Chop, OLSKOOL57 and Deuces like this.
  5. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

box of roofing nails works also.

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. It's everyday here in Winston Salem NC, I drive my '47 most everyday and have to watch everyone around me at all times.

Deuces likes this.
  7. greener200

greener200

My little 39 ford truck does 50 mph tops , I dont push it ,I built it to original . Friggin people here in Mass hate me And I dont care ,,,I DONT GO FAST ENOUGH . I dont have a radio,so I whisle or sing and that pisses them off even more ! imagine a guy doing 45 and being Happy ! .Dont have directionals,but use my hands , life is to short and I aint in a hurry !

xsquiden, alanp561, Baumi and 6 others like this.
  8. 6sally6

6sally6

NO!!!.....It ain't just you
    Heres one fer ye...I was riding my bicycle ON THE SIDEWALKand an idiot in a fancy-ass pickup swings right to park under a house. His stupid passenger is looking right at me and texting and he got his head down looking at his phone!! Luck I swerved to the left out in the road and didn't fall off the bike. Typical "all-about-me young-people"
    6sally6

9. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Another big part of the problem is that most modern cars are now really qite fast. Most idiots don't know how to handle that. Also, with all the "safety" crap, people think they have to pay less attention because the car will save their ass. I think all that stuff is a bad idea but, not as bad of an idea as putting a TV screen in the middle of the dash!! How in the hell did that become the norm???

joeyesmen, Ned Ludd, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  10. Deuces

Deuces

I don't do starbuck... Never have, never will....
    I like coffee the way I make it. Black with a little sweet stuff....

11. RDE

RDE

Sunday morning from around 6am until about 11:30 is the time when I find the least traffic...…..Seems the drunks aren't up yet and a lot of folks are in church or out to breakfast.

LBCD, patmanta, Hombre and 1 other person like this.
  12. I live in SoCal and I drive a fenderless Hot Rod. This raises my nervousness level greatly. Not to bad around here but in LA every fucking gook with a camera/phone wants to take a picture of my car. Turning sideways in their car and tugging on the steering wheel and pulling into my lane. I don't have a horn in my car but I carry one of those air horns and that really gets their attention!!!

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

14. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, mine has one of those screens... I only use it when I'm backing out of the drive....

OLSKOOL57, lothiandon1940 and Hombre like this.
  15. wicarnut

wicarnut

IMO, You have to get out of town for a leisurely cruise when you live in or near a major metropolitan city. Everytime I get around in a major city, the traffic, the way people drive today, YIKES ! Congestion, Impatient, Rude, always In a Big Hurry and On their Damn phone. I Left the big city scene 50 years ago to live in a suburb setting, than moved to the country for 30 years, which became just another suburb in the 30 years, I now live in small tourist town in the Northwoods, Winter in a Az. suburb, WE Avoid going into the city in Az, example, 35 miles from airport, can take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours depending on time of day and a white knuckle ride to boot, love the Az. weather, hate the traffic/congestion in/near downtown. NO WAY would I ever move into a big city setting ever, did not want to 50 years ago, sure not going to now. Just an observation, it appears to me we have outgrown our freeway systems all over the country and I don't believe they will or can catch up, the driving population is growing faster than they can build roads, which they have no money for. Hell here in Wi. they don't repair or maintain the roads, 25 cent patch jobs at best, But I have drove in other states where it's just as bad and worse.

Hombre, Truckdoctor Andy and Deuces like this.
  16. Deuces

Deuces

Just got done watching that movie a couple of nights ago.... :D

OLSKOOL57 and anthony myrick like this.
  17. Coggles

Coggles

Idiocracy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baumi likes this.
  18. It seems like driving an older car (pre-1970) is an arsehole magnet. Every day I drive to work it seems like every boy racer wants to race you, impress you, or just be a prick. It's like some people resent the fact that you are on the road with your old jigger, when they have spent a million bucks on their big black shiny Stupid Useless Vehicle. If you are in a queue of cars, have a look at the car trying to merge into your lane. They will always pick the truck or old car to cut off. Turn up the tunes, keep whistling, and ignore the turds! (That pisses them right off!)

alanp561 and Deuces like this.
  19. I don't care if they're legal or not, you get in an accident nowadays there's a damn good chance that the other driver has no valid driver's license and an even better chance that they have no insurance in effect; political affiliation notwithstanding.

patmanta, egads, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  20. ..................So true! Just watch Live P.D.

Nitroholic, OLSKOOL57 and Deuces like this.
  21. Precisely!!.......It's an epidemic that is certainly not germane to California by a longshot.

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Illegals with no insurance, damn cell phones, idiots with no consideration for other people what so ever. It just keeps getting worse. Here lately it's been the a$$ holes that run 25 mph, hit a straight stretch and floor it, back down to 25 again all while taking up both lanes weaving back and forth.

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  23. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Every time I see a thread like this it reminds me of the time in the late 60`s when he got rear ended while driving in a parade.He was last in line.A Caddy hit him going about 30.Did`nt bother him a bit.He was driving his newly restored WW2 half track.Hehehe.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safre.
    Leo

Deuces likes this.
  24. 2935ford

2935ford

I'm in a very small town in eastern Canada but the drivers are ridiculous. I have it timed here to go out with my Hot Rods..........M-F just after 9:30A to just before noon then again from 2p to about 3:30p. Doesn't anybody work anymore? :(
    Now a little update. Heading home in my 1919 Dot from my sons baseball game today to get lunch an idiot turning left at the light I am approaching decided to go but wait no, he stops in front of me because in the right lane next to me is what, oh, another car that would crash into him had he kept going. Meanwhile I stand on the brakes to avoid going through his passenger door and yes, it was Sunday!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Deuces likes this.
  25. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

If I had money, I would invest in autonomous cars. People today don't want to drive. They want to text or talk on there cell phones. They don't want to pay attention to the road. Self driving vehicles are definitely in the near future.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. I Hate people that honk at me at red lights, they wont let me finish texting wh

27. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Come to Illinois , then you can learn first hand what REALLY crappy roads are like , when we used to go north , my wife would drive the first 3 hours , without looking out the windows I could tell when we left Il. And entered wi. .......

Truckdoctor Andy and Deuces like this.
  28. I must say that I get just the opposite of some. Driving my '58 truck every day in a smaller town people are constantly waving and giving a "thumbs up". Pretty laid back in that regards and there are lots of cool rides in the area.

Having said that, big city driving is always a heavy pucker factor... Kinda makes you want to drive a demolition derby or circle track car on the street don't it! :D

29. That’s how it works with me. Thumbs up and waves all the time, even in heavy traffic. Just today the cutest kid smiled and waved at a redlight. So what if the next guy cuts ya off. That person has issues that you don’t. Be thankful in that moment.
    Meet interesting people at almost every stop. Folks take pics and ask questions.

On a side note, karma is real
    I was being tailgated very hard on the interstate Saturday. (I wasn’t in the left lane) My 16 year old son was with me. No expletives. No brake check. Trying to use this moment to teach.
    An hour later we passed the guy as he was pulled over by a trooper.
    Hopefully my son paid attention

30. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

You guys should live here , from 3:30 am till 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday and 3:30 am till noon Saturday is coal trucks . These guys don't care about anyone but themselves , they will run you off the road cut you off tailgate , and shower your car with coal . We have put in two windshields in our daily drivers in the last two years .

Deuces likes this.