Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I am done with Sunday's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pats55, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Going out for the Sunday rides really sucks. Every two minutes I have somebody cut me off or tailgating the crap out of me I spent a whole year shooting at the wrong people.

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Monday through Friday where I live.

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

same goes on here. every day.

4. It all depends on where you live. Sundays I avoid any congested areas like the beaches or sports venues. AND shopping malls especially. I like to drive mostly in the evenings when it is cooler out.

5. Thank you God. for allowing me to live in a very small city in deep East Texas..five miles to town and some days don't meet a single car on the road...watch out for the deer...

Frankie47, alanp561, KKrod and 14 others like this.
  6. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have favorite country drives where the roads are empty. NJers call my state 'undeveloped'. It's Great!

7. catdad49

catdad49

Almost got run over today!

OLSKOOL57, Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. williebill

williebill

The problem isn't Sundays. It's imbeciles. They reproduce quickly, like alien seed pods, or viral infections. wbrw32 is a lucky man.

9. Thank you Williebill...

10. Ha ha. Thats funny.
    But your situation is almost everywhere. Even in rural Tennessee is like that. Christmas morning is about the only time I have found that you can take a leisurely drive.

11. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

During Superbowl is also a good time.

showrod, 1oldtimer, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  12. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You would figure that at some point the idiots would start to get weeded out what with the natural selection process of nature. Don't they ever get run over and creamed? Seems like they are multiplying faster than they can be removed from the gene pool!

13. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I dread driving through NJ any day of the week and I live in MA. I've experienced far more aggressive driving in NJ/NY/CT than I have anywhere else in my travels. I've seen some wild stuff in MA/NH too and been hit a bunch of times but rarely ever had the volume of white knuckle close calls and rage-risers per hour as I have in those states. It's pretty savage and I've been campaigning for a tri-state overpass for decades ;)

dan31, Deuces, catdad49 and 2 others like this.
  14. Americans are so amped up on caffeine, coffee, energy drinks, Starbucks and everyone is in a BIG ass hurry to get to nowhere!:mad:

Chavezk21, Montana1, Hnstray and 12 others like this.
  15. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I be getting a little nuts lately. I went out to get the garbage can the other day this little SUV or sob kept racing back and forth in front of my house. On the last pass he leaned on the horn. I ran out the the middle of the road with a garbage can lid and called him every name in the book and I would not let them pass. It turned out it was three high school football players. Well I don't think I would have known what to do if they got the car. Backed out of the driveway with my red shiny Corvette and this ass in a pickup truck was trying to pass me on the right. So I went 10 miles an hour he was flipping out behind me trying to pass me, that did not work then at the end of the road I accused him of every perverse sexual act known man He was a big young man with brown beard and he did not get out of the car either. Again lucky day for me. God damn New Jersey

16. Hombre

Hombre

I suppose we are blessed here in Bama. This past Sunday I drove down to south Alabama to meet a feller that had some early Hemi parts. Stayed on all back Highways and for almost all of the way down there we had the road to ourself. I did not once have to pass a car and only saw about 4 or 5 cars going in the same direction we were. This was almost 200 miles. Lot to say about living in a state with not to many people.

17. Connecticut resident here. Can confirm. All the joy of driving is gone for me.

Deuces, lothiandon1940 and patmanta like this.
  18. Problem in California is only legal residents are required to have a driver's license, current car registration, and insurance. Been hit twice by an illegal "immigrant", and the cops don't even give them a ticket, much less haul 'em off to INS. Sorry, don't mean to get political, just pissed as hell. :mad:

19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

And don't even get me started on cell phones!:mad:

20. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

There is an old trick that I often seen pulled while in high school. When a person is tailgating you at night in traffic, instead of using your brakes to stop you at the red light, pull up on the emergency brake. You will want to do this with your old pick-up truck with the big heavy trailer hitch on the rear. A buddy of mine did this when a Portsmouth police cop car was on his rear end. I would not get away with this but some people do.

21. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

America is so busy going everywhere that they will sit through a green light texting and then go like hell on the yellow.
    This all while turning into a parking lot.:mad:
    I know it's just me and it shouldn't matter.

LBCD, Deuces, williebill and 2 others like this.
  22. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Detroit had its growth spurt many generations ago (another thing you can thank or blame Henry Ford for). For a number of reasons, including white flight, we've had many different urban planning ideas over the years. Consequently we have a mess of a freeway system running several different directions, with entry and exit ramps too close together, some on both right and left sides, yada yada. Every day you got the suburbanites trying to get in or out of the city as fast as possible, and the city residents taking their sweet time. And then there are the trucks. Man it sucks.

Deuces likes this.
  23. 26Troadster

26Troadster

well i now know your not in the new caney area. lol

Deuces likes this.
  24. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perfectly right! Have you seen the movie " Idiocracy"? I think it´s from 2007 and in 2019 it is truer than ever, hahaha

25. verde742

verde742

this woman beside me was putting on make up, then combing her hair, while eating a doughnut I guess, then her phone must have rang while she quickly pulled in front of me and stopped for a yellow light. Bitch made me spill my coffee, and drop my breakfast burrito. Some People !!! geez !! Traffic is the sheetz. !!

little red 50, dan31, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  26. 62rebel

62rebel

Somebody explain why people come to a dead stop to make a right turn please. DEAD damn complete stop as if they're scared to enter the parking lot or side street they're headed into.

27. Just drive
    Don’t allow others to affect your happiness
    When your driving a vintage ride you are in your happy place
    Now all together meditate. Let the soothing sounds of Detroit iron permeate the soul.
    Mmmmmmmmmm
    Mmmmmmmmmm

28. In my 20's, just married and poor, my second car was a very worn out '69 Chevy half ton pickup, worn out 350 with dual exhausts. Used a quart of oil every 25 miles or so. If I had a tailgater, I would slow down then floor it, kicking down into low gear and completely engulfing the guy in a blue smelly cloud of smoke. As a bonus, the engine was so worn that little blobs of oily sludge would blow out of the exhaust and cover their windshield. Backed them off every time!

29. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Hmmmm, hmmmm, FORK HMMMM

I guess I am going to need more training....

30. Sourwood

Sourwood
    from Atlanta Ga

But your situation is almost everywhere. Even in rural Tennessee is like that.
    How true, around here its the motorcycle folks who think they own the place.. They don't realize it, but when one wrecks and they do. its a good forty minutes till rescue gets to them!!!!

alanp561, dan31 and Deuces like this.