Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Fathers Day Shows

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 8, 2019.

1. We are all familiar with the Grand Daddy of Fathers day car shows hosted once again by the L A Roadsters and it is a premier event but are there any shows around your area during the Fathers Day weekend?

This year will mark the 20th Day B4 Fathers Day Downtown car show here in Anderson, South Carolina next weekend, if your in the area check it out. HRP

35796752_2143953645633421_4686914329121914880_n.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Deuces, OLSKOOL57, car doctor and 4 others like this.
  2. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes Valley Rods Unlimited in Ord, NE will have their 44th annual run June 14,15 and 16. This is a fantastic time and one I never miss

Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. Newport TN. 6/14-15. 36th Annual Moonshine Rod Run. Beautiful, shady setting in City Park.

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. I'm headed to the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion next weekend in Bowling Green, KY. Five hundred vintage drag cars and 1500 show cars. Always a great three day, Father's Day weekend event.

Phil

5. car doctor

car doctor

My son and I are headed to Bowling Green also. Taking the 37 Chevy gasser to race and taking my 32 for the car show. It's one of my favorite events, best of both worlds! IMG_20170930_092338.jpg IMG_20180623_084623.jpg

Deuces, ct1932ford, pprather and 4 others like this.
  6. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

We're heading to Medford, Oregon next weekend for the Medford Cruise.

voodookustoms and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Nothing that I know of around here :(

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

"the Grand Daddy of Fathers day car shows hosted by the L A Roadsters" is just 30 minutes away. :D

HOTRODPRIMER and voodookustoms like this.
  9. The show usually draws 120 to 160 cars, antiques, muscle cars, classics and hot rods and like any other show a few new cars and some rodent rods but for the most part it's cool to see the merchants enjoying the disruption from a normal Saturday, and the show participants get to checkout businesses they would normally not patronize.

I look forward to the show to see friends I only see once a year at this event, most of the members of our club attend and after talking to a gentleman at the show when he was questioning me about Brenda's wagon I invited him to a club meeting and we picked up a new member. HRP

OLSKOOL57, car doctor and dana barlow like this.
  10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  11. Might just be me Dana, I love you car but does it look a lot better than usual in this photo? :D HRP

[​IMG]

12. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK!---------Since we are taking back the show, everything will be outside again. Have a great time!-----Don

dana barlow and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

If the weather cooperates I might bring the family up from Atlanta. It's only a little over two hours to Anderson. Will you have your ranch wagon or sedan at the show? I would love to see them in person.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. I believe Brenda registered the Ranch Wagon. HRP

Deuces and dana barlow like this.
  15. Not hot rods, but the Buick Club Nationals will be in Midwest city, OK [OKC] this week. So if there are no shows for you, we will be proud to have you.

Ben

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-6-10_3-41-32.png
    Hello,

This local So Cal car show is in its 24th year. We have attended various ones in those years. The first one was on Father’s Day and that tradition continued for several more years. It was well attended each year, but started dwindling as the years progressed. Then two things happened:

1. The community started questioning why it was being held on Father’s Day. Those wives wanted to know why the fathers weren’t with the families on that particular day. They were getting tired of playing second fiddle to a car show.

2. Talk about playing second fiddle…The dwindling attendance was due to the grandfather of car shows, being showcased up in the Los Angeles area, namely the LA Roadster Show that was started and continued to show on Father’s Day. It was a So Cal tradition dating back to the early years.

We had originally attended those LA Roadster shows because we weren’t fathers, yet. Our family gathering was usually dinners with our own fathers. So, the early father’s day LA Roadster show worked out well. When we became fathers, the shows played a second fiddle to the family functions that included lunch with one family and a dinner with the other fathers in the extended families.

Jnaki
    upload_2019-6-10_3-42-35.png

Well, the city of San Clemente listened to the local families and the merchants that sponsored the annual event. The whole street show was expanded and is growing larger every year. What is not to like with the cool ocean breezes, a short walk to the famous San Clemente pier and beaches? You can actually ride the Coastal Amtrak train from all over So Cal to stop at the Pier or North Beach to enjoy what San Clemente has to offer.

Is it a fun show? It is crowded, but the hot rods are quite nice. The restaurants and food outlets are fantastic. The hectic, small beach town parking is a nightmare on big time events, so the parking plan is to park at the local high school parking lot off of the Pico I-5 freeway off ramp. Then a local school district bus will take everyone down to the top of the closed main downtown street.

There is even a return bus every 30 minutes, so you will not be stranded. That is door to door service and it works !!! So, why drive up to hot Pomona on Saturday, when you can spend the lazy afternoon in the ocean breeze and sunny days (actually the whole coastal So Cal area has been inundated with the June Gloom… So, it might make the trip look like cruising in Seattle.)

FLASH: The hot weather has just arrived here on coastal So Cal. In between the rolling fog in the morning and late at night, it was actually sunny, yesterday and 78 degrees. So, it is predicted to be a pleasant 70 degrees on Saturday for the car show. Pomona will be a hot 82 degrees+

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. I believe that the Pharoahs Car Club is having a big show in Springfield, Mo.
    on the 14th & 15th.

The Petit Jean Car Show and Swap Meet is 11th thru the 15th.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Hot Rod reunion. My fathers day gift to me......I love this show.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Hyannis Mass., Fathers Day Show on Main St. Plenty of parking, restaurants etc. Best of all, it's free to the public.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. I recently was given a hardbound book about Anderson, it's local history, event's & annual activity's and I was thumbing through it last nigh and I found a photo of my old black deuce sedan along with two of my friends from the very first Downtown Fathers Day Car show 20 years ago.HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]