Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yesterday, I discovered an OT 1968 Dodge Dart GTS hood in my garage behind a machine that my honey used to make shoes with. I forgot that I had gotten it for my big block Dart years ago. Today, I moved a bunch of wood from the back of the garage to the front so my neighbor across the street can come and get it. Full purge in the shop.

classiccarjack likes this.
  2. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Did a little assembly on a '29 chassis, getting it ready for the classifieds. I can understand why model A's are so popular with restorers, simple to work on and parts are reasonable priced. IMG_3031.JPG IMG_3032.JPG

Lil32, j-jock, 31Dodger and 7 others like this.
  3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Bolted the tunnel ram on the 377 , Gotta spend some time on the daily driver 56 Pu to get ready for Roadster show , after that hopefully fire up 377 on run stand:cool:

4. 392

732EBEBB-2DA3-495A-82ED-79CCF2C07526.jpeg F5E04E96-0C17-455A-A4BC-04D76F7D5356.jpeg Finished intake. Opened up for Holley and plugged heat crossover. Work permitting install this weekend.

5. Finished installing a more powerful starter on the race car to handle the higher compression. the rest of the week I'm going to service my OT hauler to get ready for the summer season.

6. I sold the OT 76 Caddy. Got my $500 and they got it loaded on their trailer. It used to be my mothers vehicle. The transmission started leaking and it wasn't fixed because she was old. Mom had beginning altzimers and we needed to get her off the road any how. Poor thing got the new tires removed and drug into a fence row. someone stole the radiator and alt and left the hood up. The pack rats made their home in it. now I get to go and pull a square cab gas tank for another customer. I never would have thought that I could sell so much stuff on the F View attachment 4308620 View attachment 4308621 View attachment 4308624 acebook marketplace.

7. Got a call from a guy wanting a square cab drivers side gas tank. So I went out in the rain and used the lift on the tractor to raise up a truck high enough to get under. Blocked it up and crawled under in the mud & removed the gas tank. Took off the appendages and removed the sending unit. real clean nice tank. Carried it around front by the gate. I had previously removed a good passenger side tank from a different truck I was gonna use the cutting torch on. And Guess what? there aint any difference between a drivers side and passenger side gas tank on a 84 chevy truck. I laid in the mud for nothing. The older I get the dumber I am.

classiccarjack and swade41 like this.
  8. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Had to go buy air hose for my compressor. My 15yr. Old hose got soft and developed a “weak” herniated bulged spot by the conection point. She is gettin ready to blow,best to be prepared.

classiccarjack and osage orange like this.
  9. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

Installed Limeworks Forty steering wheel in my Merc that I got for Father's Day 20190607_172352.jpg

10. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Cruise Night in North St. Paul

IMG_4790.JPG
    IMG_4794.JPG

Lil32, j-jock, 31Dodger and 6 others like this.
  11. Got the Model A out today for a few miles, first it has been driven since last fall, it is sold but not yet picked up, love this traditional hot rod, fun time!!
    62242544_2490312317668352_4128775997497540608_n.jpg

Lil32, j-jock, classiccarjack and 6 others like this.
  12. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Gutted the interior of my daily driver 56 pu . Pulled the trans cover off and finally replaced the leaky shifter on the Tremec. Used the remains of the original rubber floor mat as a pattern for the repro floor mat. My better half covered the mint early 90s chevy truck bench I bought recently with some fresh Mexican Blankets:D After an oil change I'll be ready for the trip to LA roadster show.

13. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Made a metal shaping stump to compliment the English wheel/ Brake/ Bead Roller . Started blocking the 41 William and masking off - getting ready to lay the sealer/paint.

14. 2 nailbender

2 nailbender
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from iowa

Yesterday I fired up the roadster and moved it on its own power.

Attached Files:

15. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dummied in a block-bell-trans and moved back getting ready for the street. No need to worry about SCTA Engine placement now. Only front mounts need to made and sides need additional plates. Fun project for both of us. IMG_2096.JPG IMG_2097.JPG

16. been bust today. Went over to the shop and removed some junk tires from the rims. When I get enough scrap tires a scrap tire recycler comes and gets them don't cost me anything. Then I used my 3 point lift on the M to gather up all my FE core engines and put them in a truck bed trailer and installed a camper top on the trailer. got them all in one place now. came in and got on the internet a few times. this evening I set in a lawn chair drank some beverage and mowed the lawn at the same time. My wife complained about me letting the milk cows in the yard. the grandkids like to stomp in the cow pies. So this year I fixed a lawn mower and installed a woods belly mower on my super A tractor. I hate mowing grass. well it didn't last . Debbie got allegerys from the mowing scattering the pollen. She asked me to go back to using the cows to mow the grass. So I went and hauled the two tamest cows back here. I enjoy setting drinking a cold beverage and watching them graze the grass. Little Deano my youngest grandson enjoyed driving his scooter thru the cow pies. all in all its been a real good day.

17. Black_Sheep likes this.
  18. WTF really

WTF really

Added 5 horsepower to the model A by putting on these crome swap meet meet radiator support rods and made some hood tie downs. 20190609_120921.jpg 20190609_132003.jpg

19. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unsuccessfully, once again, tried to explain to a friend, that a car that he purchased, against my advice, has so much of its unibody cut away that it is unsafe, on any road, at any velocity, and that he's putting himself, his family, and bystanders at risk.

He wants me to fix it. It will likely take three months of weekends.

I was also unsuccessful at explaining why $27,000 in labor, on a $500 car, won't make it a $27,500 car.

20. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I ignored the weather forecast and hit up the Cops & Rodders Show at Norm's Tire Sales. There was a nice mix of cars and the rain held off, overall it was a pretty good day... 62142420_2191317357572400_5963631381203386368_n.jpg

Max Gearhead, Terrible80 and swade41 like this.
  21. Crocodile

Crocodile

I adjusted the valve lash on the Cleveland in the 33. Spent a little time scrubbing on the interior, too. Getting some of that out of the way to be ready for Back to the Fifties.

classiccarjack and Black_Sheep like this.
  22. Today my nine year old son and I finished the body work on our Farmall Cub hood. He’s doing a great job with learning how to apply and sand body filler. It warms my heart to have him out in the shop and working with Dad and I. Last Thursday he called me at work during lunch to ask if I could stay home on Friday so we could work on the tractor. I think there’s hope yet for our kids and grandkids.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Test fitted minivan seat in the coupe, improves the room, not sure if I will take the panel out behind the seat IMG_0210.JPG

Pulled apart my f100 steering box, to find the the worm gear is toast, the sector looks okay IMG_0212.JPG

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Lil32 likes this.
  24. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Pulled the trans crossmember out of my 53 bel air... That was a bitch to remove... Getting ready to put the new Walton Fab crossmember in for the motor and trans upgrade.

RusTnut likes this.
  25. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You got a Merc for Father's day? All I got was another stupid tie:(

26. clem

clem

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  27. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you take three months of weekends and do the labor on the car, at the end of that time you probably will no longer be friends, just saying

28. Laid my Marine Veteran Brother Bob to rest 6-7-2019, you went out in style on your last ride Bro, RIP Buddy... 62196079_10157351279688518_779528085958557696_o.jpg

29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I put a clutch in a 49 and was cussing at the person who decided it had to be riveted on.

RusTnut and classiccarjack like this.
  30. spring cleaning. The area under the canopy was getting crowded. my sons 70 chevell has been setting there for two years. I installed a roller cam 307 olds engine and overdrive trans in it for free. all he needed to do was buy ujoints and install drive shaft. He was troubled because he wanted my 454. and never came back and put a driveshaft in it. So I was gonna use the wrecker and move it around back. However I had to shift other stuff first. a tractor engine. two 460 ford engines. piles of parts like starters bellhousings trans , exhaust manifolds ect. so ive got that stuff sorted and moved to locations where similar parts are at. And the hood was still off the chevell. I managed to get it on and adjusted by myself without breaking the windshield! got everything on the engine sealed up to prevent rodents from getting in it. and placed some one bite rat poison inside it. So maybe tomorrow I will get it moved ? just too tired & pooped out today.

j-jock and Jalopy Joker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.