Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Do you have security on your garage/shop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbhdrake383

gbhdrake383

Watch out. Got a killer on my hands. She murdered her litter box an hour ago. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Damn! Is that thing even long enough to be legal?

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this is a felony without even firing it.
    [​IMG]

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

basicly the law says anything outside is free. you can't even punch the thief or you will be the criminal.
    it is estimated that guns are used 250,000 + times a year to deter crime. in 95% of the cases a shot is not even fired.

I had a $1,000 car stolen once, but it could have been worse, I could have caught him.

5. This is a pic off the internet, his gun looks very similar
    His is a very old double barrel with hammers on both barrels you can pull back and cock.
    I asked him the same thing as his gun looks very much like the “mad max” gun.
    He stated the age of the gun and that because he had documentation of the gun and modification it was “grand fathered” in and legal.

No clue, just what I was told.

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, that may be as to the "grandfather" rights, as I know nothing about Canadian gun laws on such a weapon. But if I had it I'd be pissed if one of my "buddies" put it on the internet for all the world to see.

VANDENPLAS and Deuces like this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

:)

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  8. Deuces

Deuces

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  9. olds vroom

olds vroom

[​IMG]this one would rip your leg off if you broke in my place

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuces likes this.
  10. Like I said
    Not his
    A pic that I pulled of the internet of something similar.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you can believe this number or not. up to you.:) the CDC has nothing to do with guns

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    chryslerfan55 and dirty old man like this.
  12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I was not implying that you HRP were asking what their exact security features were I was just hoping fellow hambers wouldn't blurt out what there systems were. Because you and I don't know who is looking for info out here in Webland/social media. They are lurkers everywhere , and I just don't want to put any of our brothers here at harms way .

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

must fall under the "antique and relic" area of gun laws.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  14. I knew of a pawn shop owner who kept a huge pet rattle snake. had it in a glass cage right by the desk. let everyone know that when he left he turned ole rattely loose in the building. turned off all the lights and closed the blinds. When he returned he would put a live mouse in the cage and ole rattely would come for a meal. he was never broken into.

Deuces likes this.
  15. I cant help it! reminds me of the myth that dogs and their owners look like each other.

chryslerfan55, Turnipseed and Deuces like this.
  16. Rich S.

Rich S.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just thinking, if someone tried sneaking around in the back of my place at night right now they may run into that skunk that has been stealing the cats food.

18. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I call BS. I never met a lawyer yet that would take a case were a scumbag, penny less guy walks into the office and says he was assaulted while trying to steal something from the owner, work for free and try and get his wages only if he wins the lawsuit.

Hombre and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. Deuces

Deuces

:mad::D

OLSKOOL57 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Having a saw off shotgun is a Federal Offense and I will call BS on his grandfather claim. I sat on a Federal jury for possession of a sawed off shotgun and the guy got twelve years in prison.

Hombre and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Clever-Signs3.jpg

22. not to be racist but if your white and you injure a no good of a different color there are orginazations that will furnish the lawyer. All lawyers are required to take some cases Pro Bono. Why not take one that has a potential windfall? And all lawyers are scumbags. They certianly deserve the bad reputation they have. The definition of a lawyer is some one who you pay to protect your assets from your enemies and they steal them for themselves. I would not trust any lawyer farther than I could throw them. Did I tell you me eldest son is a Lawyer?

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  23. gbhdrake383

gbhdrake383

Deuces likes this.
  24. Deuces likes this.
  25. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

o_O

26. trollst

trollst

Any of you know someone who has shot a thief? I do....my friend is dead now, he used to own a store in northern bc, caught a fella stealing in the act and shot him by accident when he slipped in the snow. REALLY screwed up his life going through the motions, broke him financially and he had to restart his entire life, after it was proven to have been an accident. Lost everything he owned to the lawyers, the only good thing that came of it was the thief never stole again, all this talk of guns.....I've sold all my guns.

Deuces likes this.
  27. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

See how docile that beast is??..I thought he was a she...………..

28. The only time I seen a Shot-gun like that or similar is when I lived in AZ.
    the Highway Patrol were Selling there Riot Guns, which I bought
    some for 125. each
    And they were Documented & had a Brass Plaque on the side
    that Said AZ. Highway Patrol
    Riot Gun

I sold al;l that I had & wished that I Kept one!
    What I know off Sawed off Shot Guns they Have to
    have a Site at the End of the Barrel!
    or otherwise they are Eligal...!

Just My 3.5 Cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  29. I have a machined steel buck lagged into my side garage door opening. The dead bolt will break before that does. The small side window can't be opened from the outside with out ripping the whole thing out of the frame. The garage is tied into my house alarm, the alarm central station has all my numbers and calls them in a certain order. Any of the 2 doors or window will trip it. I do sleep with a short 12-gauge in bed on the nights my girl friend is not staying over. No magazine in it but it loads very quickly. I'd never shoot someone for breaking into my garage, getting past the front or back door is another story. I have an array of clips ready to go, #4 buck, #00 buck and rifled slugs. Also one of pretty diabolical buck-and-ball slugs.

When I was doing a lot of machined parts in the garage at night, I had a black curtain that I would hang in front of the big front door, it would make it hard to see inside with the door open. I'm not in the habit of leaving the garage door open unless I am working in the garage or on the driveway. Strangers start to walk up, the garage door gets closed quick.

Deuces likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.