Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1934 Ford chassis engineering springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46convert, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Does anyone know what the springs in a Chassis Engineering rear dual leaf kit are actually off from? Bought a project with the kit but no springs or instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I would think that CE had them made to their specs...not from any certain brand.
    Any Spring and axle place can make whatever you need.

3. You could call them and they would likely sell you the appropriate springs for your kit and application- take out the guess work..

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. I believe that the springs from the original kits when they first starting selling them were from a 60's Dodge D100 truck, the front springs. I'm sure at some point they started having them made for them, and not just relying on aftermarket D100 replacement springs. But they Dimensions should be the same.

5. I have seen 32-34 frames with 47-59 Chevy truck front springs on the rear.If you know someone with one get under it with a tape measure.Hangers can be fabricated.Box the rear frame horns,and add a crossmember at the end to stop flex.

6. ok. thank you. I give up and just ordered there springs.

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

8. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The d100 springs are used for their 35-40 kit, probably too long for the 33-34 kit.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

40ragtopdown and Nailhead Jason like this.
  9. That would make sense, I haven't done a 33 34 with parallel leafs , only 35 to 48 fords and a few 49 to 54 Chevy's.

10. yes they are to long...and wide. 33-34 are 1.75 wide 35-48 are a lot longer and are 3 inches wide. I have the D100 springs on my 41 and 48 fords

11. Johnny99

Johnny99

Heidts took over Chassis Engineering, they still sell the kit part #AS-2012C. Maybe they'll sell you just the springs?

12. yes they did sell me the springs. just waiting for them to show up

13. A Boner

A Boner

Is Heidts marketing the Chassis Engineering forged dropped axles?

14. I was told the dropped axle portion of C.E. was sold to Pete and Jake's and they are now selling forged axles.