Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Magazines: do you keep them stock or part them out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Jun 7, 2019.

1. A long time ago I used to pull out or cut out cool car pictures from mags and hang them on my walls. I can't bring myself to cutting up magazines anymore. There are some really great pictures in mags and that's one of the things I really really like about the rodder' s journal is the amazing photography. But for me, there's no way I'd cut them to hang them. How about you guys?

2. Just my opinion but cutting up a Rodders Journal would be like graffiti on fine art. HRP

3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I will pull centerfolds out of old tattered 60s hot Rod mags for my garage walls , but Rodders Journals go on the bookshelf.

BigO and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

BigO and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

12' long wall in my hobby room, "Hobby Hell". I keep them intact and they are reference material to me. This was in the moving in phase and not everything was there yet.
    SPark

100_4868_zps304d5a0e.JPG 100_4870_zpse9c5dce9.JPG

Kan Kustom, brigrat, lumpy 63 and 2 others like this.
  6. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Crap! I thought I had a lot of model kits!:eek:

7. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I don't cut 'em up anymore either. We have a large walk-in closet in our bedroom where I had shelves built at the back of it for all my R&C mags and others. This way they are in a climate controlled area and my wife don't really mind. Of coarse I had very good lighting installed so these 74yo eyes could see what I am looking for......

8. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Cut it out and hang it on the wall if you’ll get more pleasure in looking at it more often.

Nothing is permanent; not our lives; not our cars; not even our planet. Make yourself happy. :cool:

F&J, INVISIBLEKID, BigO and 2 others like this.
  9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I used to pull the articles and file them for references . But then that just kept adding up . So I recycled them and just keep mags in as mailed condition .

10. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

The Older Hot Rod,R&C,Popular Hot Rodding from 60’s and 70’s, I saved for years,but ran out of storage. Now when my subscription’s come in the mail,I flip thru them and recycle them. They are not as appealing to me as the Older Versions. Will not renew subscriptions in November & December when they come due. Received my 1st. Rodder’s Journal recently, now those are Class, will be stored neatly & in order.

11. I bookmark certain articles... A lil tab sticking out of the page with noted relation to such topic.....
    Labels abound, but at least I know when searching, I can find what I'm looking for.....
    A mag has a tag= and labeled= easy peasy.

12. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Looks more like Hobby Heaven to me !

13. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Every one you cut up makes mine worth more $$$.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I chop, channel & section mine

15. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I read em and pass em on. Gave away many years of accumulation last year. Don't keep any now.

16. Save my TRJ's and I have my collection of Rodder's Digest in a glass front book case. After reading my HRMs and Street Rodders get tossed in the recycle bin. Nothin goes on my walls...I'm kinda weird about that.

17. wicarnut

wicarnut

Enjoy them, Myself after 30+ years of saving/collecting, I then retire, downsize some and did not want to move them, what to do with them ?, My choice was to give them to friend who has friends in nursing homes and he does volunteer work at the VA. he would deliver some at his stops and it made my day to hear it put some smiles on Old Timer's faces, now I give them away after reading to fellow enthusiasts and I do not get but a few anymore, used to get them all including racing papers. Internet has/is changing the printed world

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    olscrounger likes this.
  18. My wife would prefer them cut up I am sure.... :cool:
    I prefer to keep them intact... on bookshelves, nightstands, bathrooms, garage shelves, storage units,....
    Chappy

19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I use to save them when I was younger (before internet) I still have those because they are the ones
    "I use to save when I was younger" I use to cut a few pics out and put em on my walls as a kid but always felt guilty about it even then:D
    Same feeling about junking a old car even if its uglier, robbing the engine etc for another:(

20. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

If there is a cool picture in a magazine I usually scan it to my computer or I take it down to the UPS shop and have it photo copied. It doesn't cost that much and I still get to keep the magazine intact. When I want to use the coupons for Harbour freight in magazines I take the book with me and they scan it from the book.