Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro: New member & '52 Packard "La Carrera" custom coupe project

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Willie_P, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Willie_P

Willie_P

Been a lurker, waaay too long. Got my act together and figured out what I wanted to build. I'm a sports car/Euro-trash guy for past 25+ years but the past 10+ have secretly wanted American Iron. ...just wanted something with that Euro-influence (Cunningham, Cobra, Dual-Ghia, Facel, and so on).

Came across a partially built 52 Packard 200 Coupe that had been sectioned (gas welded) 3.5" and some custom goodies underneath like a Impala rear end and a 27 gal Maserati fuel tank. Outside of that..bone stock. Packard actually teamed up with Ray Johanassan to build a hot motor and the Motto coachworks of Italy to race a REAL version of this car in the 52 and 53 Mexican Road Race. A french driver, Trevoux, raced it.

I'm taking my a bit more extreme and laid-IN (side to side) the roof pillars (tumblehome effect) and pancaked the entire roof (NO CHOPPING). stock glass on all sides/f&r still fits!

going to be supercharging the engine (VS57...need some help, guys!) and a custom intake with triple 97's.

I have some other junk including a '26 Packard chassis with '29 speedster running gear and '29 high compression motor - planning to build with custom body and race (10 yr goal!)...a "cal custom" '62 Triumph roadster (makes the traditionalists fume!) a '95 Ferrari v12 four seater and other motorbikes and small projects.

I also collect (20+ years) vintage gas-powered tether cars from 40's. I have an x-Kirk White car which is the jewel of my collection.

I'm extremely detailed in my research of history of race teams, builders, races and all that. Happy to contribute on here where I can. I have a spot at AACA Hershey and have been attending since I was 5 years old with my dad. ...anyone is welcome to stop by. Photo 3.jpeg Photo 6.jpeg packard side.jpg

Hope to post in the projects section more photos of the build. Best, Willie (Pgh, PA)

Attached Files:

2. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Need updates, that thing is cool!

ConradK likes this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

ConradK likes this.