Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 6/7/19 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Jun 6, 2019.

1. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

Late to the party...another hand colorized photo. The SoCal Coupe the first year it ran, before the fancy paint job.
    SoCal Cropped.jpg

Sancho, tinsled, Okie Pete and 20 others like this.
  2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg Some biplane art at Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, N.Y.

3. Here's a colorized version of a sketch I posted in an Ed Roth tribute thread a while back.
    Hang Loose !

[​IMG]

4. sololobo

sololobo

Super show gang, My Nebraska lads 2nd Chance and Jigger lookin fine.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm just Lurking around...:p...good show all...I was at a cruise today 40 minute drive each way...beautiful day...

20190608_035018.jpg

0_20190607_191047.jpg

20190608_040834.jpg

0_20190608_040259.jpg

Sancho, Okie Pete, robber and 14 others like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This art is interesting as this is associated with a much newer taboo movement but has been within the culture all along with that other pointy eared horned fella...and also highlights the close relationship with aviation the movement had and still does...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  7. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg One more, I think, this one on a by plane latter became the Luftanza Airlines symbol.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    ct1932ford, quick85, Sancho and 11 others like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

Posted by @tinsled in the Radiator Cap Thread

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/cool-vintage-radiator-caps.1103166/page-2#post-12516299

b857922ee82e7fe8f8480204e34893a6.jpg

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2014/...-is-there-a-bird-on-the-radiator-of-that-car/

Quoted below from Wikipedia...

"The mascot statuette atop the radiator after World War I was the stork, the symbol of the French province of Alsace, taken from the squadron emblem painted on the side of a Hispano-Suiza powered fighter aircraft that had been flown by the World War I French ace Georges Guynemer."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispano-Suiza

Credit to Photographer, Artist A. Kow, Owners
    & Hamber @edcodesign for inspiring my researching this artwork...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    ct1932ford, Sancho, quick85 and 8 others like this.
  9. ^ Luxe, confort.. sont l' apenage de FAS! (Very nice scrounge Stogy).

chryslerfan55, robber and Stogy like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Spoggie...When I saw the bird Edco posted I really thought it looked very reminiscent of a radiator cap adornment...so much in life revolves around art...and A. Kow sure delivered in the Art department...the 20s and 30s delivered some very moving imagery...Kow may have even been the artist who created the Bird on that Rad cap as well...not to mention inspiring the graphic on the Aircraft as well. So much to enjoy and celebrate.

Mind you that aircraft may have had a Rata tat attached forward of the Art provoking a different thought process as in run like hell...:eek:

11. Kow was not responsible for the HS stork. Francois Bazin was the creator. A Parisian coppersmith, he flew with Guynemer's WW1 squadron (whose planes used the HS engine). The stork, as you picture, painted on the plane, was the emblem of Alsace. Bazin adapted it, and HS adopted it post-war.
    Bazin sculpting lives on thru the works of his grand- daughter.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...This is very cool and yeah admiring this cute little Stork could have resulted in your ass being shot...I stuck in a Wikipedia Link which mentions the Plane connection first with names but not as extensive a history...

Thanks @Spoggie that puts that cool Tidbit of history right into perspective...

@edcodesign the Lufthansa connection to this Logo is I believe none and its Bird has Wings Up...

Quoted...below
    The Lufthansa logo, an encircled stylized crane in flight, was created in 1918 by Otto Firle. It was part of the livery of the first German airline...

http://www.dewebsite.org/logo/lufthansa/lufthansa.html

edcodesign, Spoggie and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the clarification , Ed.

Stogy likes this.