Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 6/7/19 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Jun 6, 2019.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

2. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

3. 190604MHill32.jpg

190601Moth&'26Oak.jpg

191315BakerBailonFAS-copy.jpg

190602hrhaven5.jpg

Thanks Malcolm for bring gennie aussie deuce... I've messed with it here..
    I went flying in a Tiger Moth with '41 GMH Gypsy Major mill..
    • The Joe Bailon influence •
    ...It came from the sun... Methanol Mike's T Bolt flying saucer swoops Gary's Holden @ HOT ROD HAVEN.. jus' a lil' clowning around.

'aveagooweegenn, from Radelaide..

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  4. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

San Antonio, Texas, 2008.

Copy of IMG_1630 - Copy.JPG

Sancho, Okie Pete, catdad49 and 19 others like this.

5. ...always been fascinated with cars made into trucks,..here's a few I've sketched and one that I bought...
    woodart 2019 117.jpg woodart 2019 118.jpg woodart 2019 119.jpg woodart 2019 116.jpg 30 A coupe 006.jpg 30 A coupe 011.jpg

6. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

7. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

8. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. MrExcite

MrExcite

37 Chevrolet sedan, Reading Fairgrounds modified, Kenny Brightbill, Prismacolor pencils and markers
    media (1).jpg

11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-6-7_4-7-13.png A "T" FOR A TEA PARTY
    Hello,

We have been taking care of our granddaughter since she was born 13 years ago. Since then, when ever we can, we do art, writing and reading with her every time we have her stay at our house for a sleep over. In the first 4 years, it was a sleepover 4-5 days a week. (her parents were so wrapped up in their new jobs and new home) It was like we had a new daughter in our midst.

We always took short drives to the beach, parks, harbors, and various shopping centers for lunch or a snack. But, in the middle of all of this activity, we always sat down at the table to draw and talk about what we drew. Then when she was able to start writing or printing, she began to put down words along with fun drawings. We participated to show her how important it was to do something together.

Now, 11 years later, her writing is outstanding, her drawings are very detailed and high quality. Despite the numerous hot rods and flames I drew on everything, she had her own style and cheerfulness about the art she presented to us. Last week was the most recent sleepovers and we did a fun project together.
    upload_2019-6-7_4-8-35.png
    My version was, of course, a T Bucket for the Tea Party art and writing project. When she saw it a few minutes later, she said that the red hot rod is cool. (from a teenager !) She also added that it looked like the flames we saw on that red, old sedan weeks ago in the Central Orange County Vintage Home Tour.
    upload_2019-6-7_4-10-15.png

We have several styles of drawing/writing books and this is one that gives an idea to expound and be creative. The tea party consisted of several varieties of decaffeinated tea varieties, including this weird licorice flavored tea. (wife's choice)
    upload_2019-6-7_4-10-42.png Despite the popularity of the "Cha" groupies, her writing was a modified tea party and she created little teenagers hanging around talking…a normal activity, everywhere.

My wife and I must have done something right in her growing up, early years. She is an accomplished dancer, ballerina, artist, soccer player and gets excellent grades, while her writing is outstanding. When asked what she wants to do in life:
    "I would like to be a Creative Writing/English major in college and write a book."
    Then work for the NSA...ha ha!

Jnaki

The original drawing was done in a bound notebook and took some time figuring out something to tie in with the Tea Party project. The T-bucket drawing looked good, but needed some cleaning up before the final version for Friday.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  12. Damn, Bob, that is about as cool as you can get. Love it.

13. Acquired a quantity of drawing instruments through my work. I'd like to offer up for free 5 sets of the items shown in the picture to whomever will put them to good use. One set per person in order of request. Please message me with interest and mailing address.

Keep drawing
    Joe

[​IMG]

14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. robber

robber

16. RR Plaque.jpg I made this plaque in an art class in about 1960. It is brass that I painted the picture with cold tar and then acid etched for 2 days. I thought I had lost it and rediscovered it a couple of years ago. Any way, here it is.
    Later,
    Dick IMG_0359[1] (2).JPG

17. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

28B10218-B919-41E2-8F00-DA5FD7801C21.jpeg More Rat Fink. One shot on a 12” traffic signal lens.

18. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@jnaki ...your "T time" together is not hot, but very COOL, and SO sweet! You are what
    Grampas are meant to be!

19. jnaki

jnaki

Hey SS,
    Wow, those are such nice comments. I can't take all of the credit as my wife...(grandmother,) plays an important part of this whole third generation lifestyle. We had a terrific son growing up and everything was geared for a boy's activities. But, this granddaughter is the daughter that we never had and it was a whole new ball game. So, we have come around in growing up with an only child both times. We give all that there is to give and more, so the results will be everlasting.

We tried both times to get the children influenced in education, hot rods, and sports, but we realized that we were in an era where individuality is the key to happiness. What works for one won't necessarily work for another, or for us. But, their artistic side is as strong as ever. Our son could have been an illustrator and the comic book/manga artwork he did as a teen was tremendous. He is our tech guy and writer.

Or granddaughter is growing up with characteristics all her own as her generation is so influenced by the new era in media. We are trying to stay one step ahead in all things electronics, devices, and computers. Who knows what lies ahead...

Jnaki
    Thanks for the great comments and my wife thanks you, too. That was a nice way to start the "June Gloom" time period out West.

Okie Pete, Spoggie, catdad49 and 4 others like this.
  20. Thanks for all those who responded to my offer. I have requests for all five sets already. I will get these in the mail early next week.

Joe

Spoggie, catdad49, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  21. old stuff this week. I'll try to whip out something new before days end so check back. In the mean time, have a great weekend!

"There Goes the Neighborhood"

ThereGoestheNeighborhood.jpg

"Shift's Over at the Frying Saucer Diner"

ROD-TOON_Frying_S_2b4web.jpg

"Go Cats, GO!"
    rearview32-2.jpg

"Merc with Flames"
    Merc with Flames_01b.jpg

"1959 Dodge, Custom Royal Lancer, 500-D"
    Is that the longest, single model vehicle name designation or is there another?
    59CUSTOMROYALLANCER500-D_2.jpg~original.jpg

22. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

23. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Many thanks ........

50 customcoupe likes this.
  24. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Way cool work ......

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  25. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

I appreciate the kind words, thank you .........

chryslerfan55 likes this.