Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods hanging brake peddle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy3755, Jun 5, 2019.

1. chevy3755

chevy3755

trying to get an idea as to were to mount firewall mount brake peddle on a 41 Chevy.......original peddle was up from the floor.......want to mount peddle on the firewall.......how far up and down.....left to right.....any hep would be appreciated.....thank you ....Larry

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Gonna have to just mock it up a dozen times, every pedal and ever set of legs are going to want something different. I would try to approximate we’re the stock pedal landed when not being pushed and start there

X-cpe and Poh like this.
  3. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Look at a '55 Chevy or some other factory built car with a hanging pedal,
    And get a feel for how factory engineers did it !

03GMCSonoma likes this.
  4. With your right heel on the floor board covering the gas pedal-you should be able to move your foot over to the brake without having to lift your heel too far off the floor. (try it in your daily driver).
    That will help you place the brake pedal where it is functional and safe. Then work backwards from that point to get the MC where it needs to be.
    I have a buddy who has used Nova brake pedal/MC assemblies with good success for a firewall mount.

5. A good place to start is with your daily driver and a tape measure. Pedals and stuff like that need to fit around other things in the car,,, like steering columns and engines.

X-cpe likes this.
  6. chevy3755

chevy3755

thanks for everyones help.......i have the idea now

7. 29moonshine

29moonshine

I used every thing from a 76 monte carlo in my 41. had to trim the end so it would bolt to the bottom of the dash