Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bob K Car is home!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff J, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Jeff J

Jeff J

Some of you new that Bob Klessig was my best friend of 45 + plus years ! And we did a lot together from driving Coast to Coast ,and going to Bonneville Salt Flats and one on the best part was when he was able to go with me to go to S.E.M.A to be in my booth with me,as that was a long time accomplishment and dream for me and him, being at my side pushing me to go! Well that year I won 3 Media Global awards for my product and last year he missed seeing me winning Product Of The Year at N.S.R.A Nationals in Louisville,Ky.! Thanks Buddy I miss you and I'm sure a lot of people do also!
    Well, got the surprise of my life a little time back as he willed his 1952 Chevrolet Convertible to me and my wife ! We flew up to Antigo/Rhinelander,Wis. and picked up the car and drove it back home to Wingate,N.C. and it never missed a lick coming home with us ! So in all been busy for the last 3 weeks between picking up the car and going to product shows and grandson graduation in St.Louis. Plus my computer taking a crash. So there is a auction going on for some of Bob's stuff if you would like some of his stuff for memories ! Here's the link ,and thanks ya all for posting it Too! www.hueckmanauction.hibid.com/catalog/168773/Klessig-online-auction. bob sign.jpg bob sign.jpg i phone 154.JPG PHONE 002.JPG

2. Jeff J

Jeff J

Just wanted to say Bob is with us just sleeping a little bit !

3. WOW!
    What a honor to be remembered by your pal. A living memory, for sure. You are a blessed man, just knowing him.

Hamtown Al, MO_JUNK, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  4. Bob knew the 52 would be in good hands!

So good to see you at GG/Raleigh! Mrs. Tad's car is gorgeous!

5. catdad49

catdad49

Fantastic, you will be a Great caretaker! I mean, what's the first thing your did? Road Trip! Best Wishes, Carp.

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Quite a moving Honor that is, may he Rest in Peace and yeah that's beyond special...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  7. Wow, what an honor. Congratulations, you have big shoes to fill.

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

What an honor. Take care of it. I would love to see it back on the road.

9. Hombre

Hombre

Must have been a hell of a good friend, Both him and you. Drive it with pride, I am sure he will live again each time.

10. Congratulations, you are indeed blessed for Bob to have thought so much of you, I know from personal experience loosing your best friend is a hard pill to swallow but with Bob's old Chevy now in your possession you can still enjoy a passion you and he shared.

Bob knew who needed to be the caretaker. :) HRP

11. belair

belair

Wonderful way to remember a friend.

12. williebill

williebill

Wow, Jeff, that's the mark of a true friend. Thanks for posting.

13. BTW, I really miss Bob's whacky sense of humor. HRP
    [​IMG]

-Brent-, Mtn Goat, brigrat and 22 others like this.
  14. Hell, this is great, he took so many rides with this car, now it is your turn to take care while Bob is watching from up above.

15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

That’s awesome. Gonna be a lot of story telling every place you take it, hope you drive it as much as you can :)

16. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is outstanding! I was hoping that little car would stay in the HAMB family.

How many miles does it have on the clock, 100 bazillion??

-Abone.

17. Deadbird

Deadbird

Wow! That's very cool. Great way to remember a friend. Hope to see the Chevy around someday.

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Bless you, his memory will live on.
    My good friend Dick Powell (fuel boat racer) passed in '08, left me his 354 Hemi.
    It is on a stand just inside my garage, next to the house entrance. I smile as I think of him.

19. alchemy

alchemy

Are you going to drive it back to the midwest this summer so we can say hi?

Stogy and Jeff J like this.
  20. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Congratulations, hope to see Bob's old Chevy making some more trips!

As an aside - I bid on some of B:)B's small parts, and was wondering if I can work out a way to pay someone planning to attend the auction that can help me with pickup and shipping back to TX. Thank you!

21. Jeff J

Jeff J

When I picked it up it had 212000 miles and just turned it over to 214000

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't think of a better person as it's care taker and traveling companion. We do expect some road trip exploits from that car in the future.
    I've got several small things marked on my watch list on the auction and the auction system is a good and honest one. Word to the wise, it won't allow you to snipe an auction in the last second though as it will reload about 90 seconds on the clock allowing other bidders a chance to decide if they want to bid again.
    I picked up a bunch of nice shop equipment though it at an estate sale about 50 miles from me and bought an ot car with it last year.

23. Squablow

Squablow

I had wondered what was going to happen with this car, and I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little jealous, but I am glad to know it's in good hands, and that's clearly what Bob wanted.

24. Hombre

Hombre

Yes he did have a sense of humor. This gives a whole new meaning to "Salt Water Fishing"

25. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Very cool! Congrats!

Jeff J, Hombre and loudbang like this.
  26. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

That car is a HAMB icon. So much enjoyed reading his travel threads. Glad it's in good hands.

27. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

What a honor, Bob knew you were the right caretaker for something that was obviously very important to him. I hope the memory of your friend makes you smile every time you get behind the wheel...

28. atch

atch

First: we all miss Bob and are very happy that his convertible will stay in the H.A.M.B.

Second: I've ridden to supper in that car, and I bet about half of the H.A.M.B. members can say the same thing.

Third: I wish Bob were here to see the sleepy pic. He did the very same thing to me one year at the H.A.M.B. drags. I had tried to hang with the young'uns the night before, staying up 'til after 3:00 and then out at the track at O-dark-thirty. He took a pic of me sleeping in my lawn chair and posted it here for all to see.

Fourth: I sure hope to see the car again somewhere sometime.

Fifth: can you get a N. C. plate that reads H.A.M.B.?

29. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

Every time you and your wife go any were in that car Bob will be in the back seat smiling